eighteen

𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤
𝘤 𝘩 𝘢 𝘮 𝘱 𝘢 𝘨 𝘯 𝘦 𝘱 𝘳 𝘰 𝘣 𝘭 𝘦 𝘮 𝘴

With her braid tucked into her teal hoodie, Lilith brushed her bangs tousled by the wind back behind her ear. In her image in the top right corner of her phone screen, she checked her blacked out sunglasses. No one could possibly recognize her aside from her fairly unique hair; it wasn't everyday she met a nearly six foot tall girl who had waist length natural red hair. Quite frankly she hadn't met someone who looked remotely like her. Unless they were a good seven inches shorter.

The wind was cool and her cheeks and nose flushed pink from the nippy gusts in between buildings. At the outlet mall, Lilith FaceTimed Tina as she walked through her mall. For the first time in a while it felt like she spent time with a close friend in person. Only one bag was in her hand and only one small item was in it. She hoped to find more; maybe she was in over her head going to a cooler climate in the middle of winter.

"Dude, you know how excited I am to see you?" Lilith smiled at her words.

"I know, I can't believe we haven't yet."

"Who have you met so far?"

"I mean, we all know Clay..."

"Duh but like anyone you didn't know your whole life?" Lilith laughed as she recounted the people. Her heart sped for some reason.

"Rae, Poki, Brooke—"

"What?! Tina cried. "What about me?!"

"I'm sorry!" Lilith gasped. "We will soon! In like a week and a half—"

"Lilith! I'm heartbroken."

"That's all though! Haven't met anyone else."

"I don't believe you—"

"Okay wait Sapnap but that doesn't—"

"You see Sapnap often and you won't meet me?"

"Tina!" She laughed as she opened the door to Starbucks. It was time for a nice refresh before they went back to suffering in dressing rooms. Lilith wasn't too keen on trying things on, but with her legs there was no way she could blindly trust the length of pants. "He doesn't count."

"I'm really excited," she admitted. As Tina replied, Lilith hurried and grabbed her drink.

"Me too."

"We have to start playing again," Tina sighed as she left the Starbucks and sipped her drink. "Everyone played so many games like every day and then we just stopped. Are you burning out or something?" Lilith's heart leapt into her throat at the sound of Tina's observation. She thought that she hid her discourse with Corpse and Dream fluidly enough that even their friends wouldn't have noticed.

"Oh um—yeah. Kind of busy. Kind of tired, you know?"

"Ugh," she sighed. "I feel that. How have you actually been though? I always try to keep tabs on my friends and today I've realized I've never asked how you were." Lilith chuckled lightly as she looked to her feet in thought. Suddenly every experience and every little thought and emotion she had ever felt in her life escaped her mind. Aside from Dream... and Corpse. Lilith didn't realize that she soaked in subconscious guilt until Tina's question.

"I'm—" As she tried to spout the fabricated 'i'm good' her throat closed up. "Uh cool. Yeah good." She coughed and sipped her drink. Tina shot her a caught off guard expression and Lillith burst out laughing. "What?" She laughed. "Why are you looking at me like that?"