I'm officially obsessed

This is the first chapter. I don't think there's gonna be lots of actions. It's more like an introduction.
_________________

I was sitting on my couch looking at the suitcase. I had to be at the airport in 2 and a half hours. It was sad leaving this city, I really liked it here. I quit my job yesterday and didn't even think about what I was gonna do with my life. I didn't care. I just wanted to go back in time and talk to my sister. She was the only one who really understood and never judged me.

I shook my head trying to get rid of the thoughts.

The doorbell rang.

"Coming," I yelled heading to open it.

"Hey, you ready?" said a woman with beautiful dark eyes.

"Hey, Torres, I think I am," I mumbled.

Callie Torres was an orthopedic surgeon. We became friends pretty fast as soon as I found out she came from Seattle, the city I was born in. I liked her. She was a real badass. So I stole some vibe from her and she didn't mind.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm fine."

I'm not fine, why are you lying to your best friend, Y/N? That's not healthy.

"I know you're not, but if you don't wanna talk about it, that's okay. Just know that I'm here whenever you need me," she tapped on my shoulder.

"Thank you," I smiled at her. Sure it was a fake smile but I really tried.

"Let's get you home," she said and took my suitcase.

"I can take it myself."

"I know, I wanna help," she smiled at me and led me to the car.

The first couple of minutes of the ride was awkwardly silent. Probably because I wasn't in the mood. Usually, we could sit like that for hours. I turned on the radio but there was nothing good so I connected my phone to the car and chose one of the playlists I made.

"'Hot summer' huh?" she said.

I chuckled. This woman knew all names of my playlists as well as the songs in them.

"I love that song," she yelled. 'Obsessed by Danger Twins was written on the screen.

And we started to sing it while driving. And for a moment I forgot about all things in the world.

"It's such a rush
This is more than a crush
Got me feeling so luxe
I think you're gonna love it
Like I love it love it"

"Here we are," Callie said with a sadness in her voice. She parked the car and we sat there for a minute.

I took a look at the time.

Damn it, I have to go, I have 20 minutes before they close the check-in.

"I guess this is it," I sighed.

"No way," she said sternly, "I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't come back."

Oh my God, I love that woman

I immediately pulled myself together and copied her attitude.

"Not if I kick yours first, Torres," I smiled.

"I love you, monkey, please be safe," she whispered hugging me, "and if someone hurts you, you know who to call."

"I know, I love you too," I said getting out of her arms and opening the door.

I took my suitcase and headed to the airport. I glanced at Callie one more time before entering the building. She was waving me with a sad smile. She knew I would probably never come back.