Our story

Okay, guys, this is the last chapter...
And oh yes it's messed up as usual but I really love it

TW: mention of addiction
_____________

We were going through the trees, the only light sources were the moon and Amelia's flashlight. She was holding my hand tightly. I didn't remember how we got here, it all was blurry in my memory. The forest was scarier than usual, it was quiet, birds weren't singing. Amelia kept trying to ask me about the road but I wasn't talking.

"Hey, baby, I'm not sure we're going in the right direction... Maybe you will help me? ... I think we're lost... Y/N ... Y/N ... Y/N!"

"Yeah?" I raised my eyes to her.

"Have you heard what I said? I think we got lost," she stated squeezing my hand.

"We didn't," I muttered taking the lead. Had I already say it? I knew that forest better than myself. She maybe did get lost and she definitely led us in the opposite direction but I was sure where that tree was.

"So we were going this whole time from the place, not to it? And you didn't tell me?" she asked following me after I turned us around on 180.

"I was okay with just going somewhere," I shrugged and felt that my hand got empty, Amelia stopped.

"Then we can just continue doing it," she said looking into my eyes. I found a big stone and sat on it with my legs criss-cross. I had no answer as to why I reacted this way to that case, why I was so upset and why I made all that scene.

"You're probably tired, let's go home," I mumbled, Amelia let out a tired sigh and placed herself next to me. There was a moment of complete silence, no wind, no birds, no words. I even tried to breathe quietly to not ruin this instant of peace.

"You were there for me when I needed it and you were tired too," she said hitting her legs into each other like she was nervous, "so no, we are not going home until you feel better."

I didn't want her to stay up all night, it was a tough day for her too, but I was glad she wanted to be here for me. It was important to hear.

"Okay," I mouthed and was immediately pulled into her embrace.

Take it
If she gives you her heart don't you break it
Let your arms be a place she feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have

"I don't think I'll ever want kids on my own after seeing things like that," I mumbled. She stroked my hair and thought about what I said. At least I hoped she did, otherwise, a minute-long pause was just awkward. Tell me I didn't say something wrong...

"I don't think I want them too," she heavily sighed.

"Well aren't we soulmates?" I said sarcastically but she didn't even smile.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" she asked and placed a soft kiss on my head tightening her grip around me.

"Callie always tells me some random stories from her life," I whispered.

"Well... I was a mess most of my life and I'm sure I still am, so I don't know what story can change your mood for better, " she chuckled.

"Have you seen me? Y/N Y/L/N, never told my parents I'm still in the city, never properly grieved over my sister because I'm hiding every little sadness and pain I have somewhere inside, and never had normal relationships until you. If we are even normal," I murmured in a sarcastic voice.

"Okay then, we are two messes that met somehow to become normal one day," she stated.

"Normal is boring," I whimpered laughing a little and she heard it because I felt another kiss on my head and I knew she was smiling.