A human being needs the one

So where I live is already August 13th and I joined July 13. A little anniversary is still an anniversary right?
______________

A human being needs the one
To share the bitter taste of coffee,
To wait until the night is gone,
To ask the questions fretting over.
Marina Boykova

I found myself standing in front of a big house. It was around 2 am, I couldn't know for sure because my phone died.

The street was dark, which was kinda weird because it wasn't a bad neighborhood, I saw only one streetlight 30 feet away from me. But due to that fact, I was able to see stars in the night sky. And it was so freaking amazing.

I was walking back and forth trying to warm myself up. I crossed my arms and started to rub them with my palms. I was still wearing the hoodie and pajama pants. I hope I won't catch a cold. My heartbeat was quickened but I didn't care. I was doing the right thing. But after some time I started to lose hope. My eyes were getting lower and lower with every second. I wasn't looking at the sky anymore. The thought of going back home ran through my mind and I glanced at the house again. Hell no, I'm staying. I can't leave now. I may be a little drunk but that even batter. I wouldn't be that bold if I was sober.

A little over an hour ago

Y/N: Are you sleeping? Can we talk?

I was waiting for a reply not sure if I would get one now. My hands were shaking so I looked under my bed and found a box with a bottle of whiskey in it. Still here, cool. I made a sip and felt how my body started to relax. That's better. Suddenly my phone buzzed. New message.

Torres: What's up, monkey?
Y/N: Do you know where Amelia lives?

As soon as I got the address I put on my sneakers and ran downstairs trying to be quiet so parents wouldn't wake up. If you ask me was I tipsy, I'd say yes.

The important thing for future me to remember is to never drink on an empty stomach.

I could take a cab but there was so much energy in me. Probably, adrenalin cause I was so damned scared. So I ran. The cold air was burning my lungs and the world was so peaceful. There was just me and a moon following my path. Only my steps were breaking the silence of the night.

I just need some time, I'm tryna think straight
I just need a moment in my own space
Ask me how I'm doing, I say, okay
Yeah, but ain't that what all say?

'I can do it' was circling in my mind the whole way until I finally stopped looking at the house and checking the map to make sure I was at the right place. The time was 1:37 am. I opened the dialog and typed the message.

Y/N: Can you go outside, please?

And the screen of my phone turned black. Great. I hope the message was delivered.

Back to real-time

While I was lost in my thoughts the door of the house opened forcing me back to reality.

Amelia's POV

35 minutes earlier

She didn't return my text and I didn't try to send another one thinking she was probably already sleeping. So I decided on doing the same. I turned off the mobile data on my phone and put it next to my pillow. I did it every night so notifications wouldn't disturb me.

I've been laying for around 20 minutes constantly changing positions. I couldn't sleep and the bed was surprisingly uncomfortable. The day was so hard and I was exhausted and still, I couldn't close my eyes. I almost lost the patient because of Owen and... Did I lose her? God, hope no.