Strangers

Hey everyone! Thank you for all your support. I really appreciate it!!
_____________

I opened the door to my room and went inside, Amelia followed me.

"Tea?" I suggested.

"Sounds good."

I turned on the kettle and sat on the bed next to her accidentally touching her hand. I froze and raised my eyes on her, she did the same. We stared at each other for a minute or so. The room was dark but I was still able to see her face in this absence of light. Her eyes were deep and wise like she had lived more than one life already. I felt something in my stomach. Butterflies? I barely knew her but she was able to make me feel like a teenager again nevertheless. I made my way to her lips giving her a quick kiss and pulled back waiting for her reaction.

Was she okay with that?

I was about to freak out but she leaned to me and kissed me again. More passionate than the first time. My hands found their way to her hair starting to stroke it. Her smell was so familiar but I couldn't understand what it was. Maybe vanilla? I was lost in her touch. Her tongue entered my mouth and a wave of electricity went through my body. The kiss felt like the sunshine after days of rain. Like I was waiting for something and it finally came. Like everything stopped for a moment and we were the only people in the whole world.

Her arms wrapped around my waist pulling me as close to her as possible. How long had we been kissing? Felt like an eternity and only one second at the same time. I felt like my breathing stopped and my heart was about to fly out of my chest.

She broke the kiss and I finally opened my eyes catching hers. She was ravishing. Her perfect facial features only emphasized her beauty. Suddenly, the kettle made a noise letting us know the water boiled. I took my eyes off her and went to the table to make us some tea.

"Which one?" I asked breaking the silence and showing her options.

"Mint," she pointed on one of the tea bags. I chuckled.

"What?" she raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Nothing, it's my favorite, that's all," I replied pouring the water from the kettle in the mugs.

I was scared because I felt the whole spectrum of emotions but what if she didn't. What if for her it was just a make-out session? I also had this habit of running away when things got serious. Even though I didn't want to. You see the problem here too or is it just me?

"Hey, you okay?" she pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Totally fine," I said stretching out the O.

Amelia's POV

She got quiet after the kiss. Did I do something wrong?

I had this awful manner of escaping when something got serious. But somehow I knew that I wouldn't be the one running away this time. Something was telling me she was as broken as I was in some ways. But what if it wasn't the case and I truly was the reason she closed off?

I needed to get her talking.

"So," I sighed, "where are you from?"

"I'm from Seattle actually," she replied sitting next to me and giving me the mug.

"Then why are you living in the hotel?"

"I haven't lived here for 6 years, I came back 3 days ago and I just don't want to live with my family, we're definitely not the example of perfect relationships," she chuckled.

Well, now we know I'm not the only one with weird relationships in the family

"Then where were you?"