Like what you see?

I want to make clear that I know sometimes I can make Amelia out of her character. But I'm not her original creator and I want her to be more... mature I guess? Anyway, I hope you're okay with that

Also, you may think the story is going slow but I want to show you how they're falling for each other and how they're trying to fight with their issues. And we all know it's not fast. I probably won't do time skips. Not big anyway. If you'd like something different please let me know <3
_______________

I woke up because my phone started to make annoying noises. Someone was calling. I carefully removed Amelia's arm that was resting on my waist and took the phone from the nightstand. 'The woman who gave birth' was illuminated on the screen.

Mother? What the hell does she need?

I went to the bathroom to not wake up Amelia and most importantly to not tell her why and who was calling.

"Hello," I said still half asleep.

"Hello, Y/N, can we talk?"

"You called me and asking this, so shoot whatever you have to say," I was pissed. She hadn't spoken to me at all when we met in person. What mother does that? And now she wanted to talk.

"Can we meet?"

I couldn't understand her. She sounded like I owed her something. I mean, yes, I'm her daughter, but let me just say what the f...

"Fine, text me where and when, now goodbye, mother."

I hung up not giving her a chance to reply. You may say I was being ungrateful but considering how bad of a mother she has been to me since I came out, I completely disagree.

I stayed in the bathroom for a minute or so trying to pull myself together.

I opened the door just to see Amelia awake on the bed. She was still sleepy but her face was filled with concern.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Tell me you didn't hear everything," I whispered with puppy eyes.

"I can lie if it's going to make you feel better," she said in her own manner. I've never met someone who would talk like she did. But my favorite was her sarcastic voice. I guess that we had in common.

"It's my mother," I sighed trying to not look at her. That was a very painful subject for me. As angry as I was at my family, it still was my family.

I went to make some tea so I stood with my back to the bed.

"I know how hard it can be with family," she mumbled and came behind me. I felt her warm breathing next to my left ear and the same knot in my stomach. Stupid butterflies, stop flying. I took a deep breath, trying to memorize the smell of every inch of her body. She leaned on the table with her hands on either side of me and now she was even closer. I felt her soft lips on my neck, so I tilted my head giving her more access. She was leaving slow kisses on my pulse point and I quietly moaned which made her smirk a little.

"How- How are you doing it?" I asked.

"Doing what?" she froze for a second like I threw her off the wagon with this question but then her arms wrapped around my waist and her head landed on my shoulder.

"I don't know you at all but you make me feel things I never did before, like you've known me for a long time," I turned around to finally face her and saw a look of confusion.

"I could ask you the same question," she chuckled. And the silence filled the room.

I affect her the same way? If not what did she mean by that?