It was love

TW: surgery, blood, mention of addiction

Also, I would really appreciate if you give some feedback on my last announcement, it's really important for me <3

Thank you for 600 loves!
________________

Amelia's POV

I woke up realizing I was sleeping on Y/N's lap, her feet were on the floor which I'm sure wasn't a very comfortable position. Her hand was laying on my shoulder and that little contact made me feel so good for no reason.

I carefully sat up and looked at her, she was sleeping so peacefully and she was so beautiful, one lock of her hair fell on the right side of her face, her chest was lightly rising with every breath she took. She was still in the same clothes she wore yesterday and still with heels on.

The hand that was on my shoulder had dried blood on the knuckles. She didn't even bother to clean it while worrying about me. I got up and looked in the mirror. My face was a mess after those 2 days but I felt better today. I glanced at Y/N again. That's because of her. I smiled. I needed to do something for her. I brushed my hair and teeth and quietly left the room to get us coffee and something to eat.

I remembered about the coffee shop they had on the first floor and found it pretty fast.

"Good morning, what can I get you?" a woman said with a smile.

"Hi, two iced coffees and 2 croissants," I said showing her 2 fingers.

"Right away," she started to make my order and I decided to call Bailey.

"Dr. Shepherd, how are you feeling?" she asked as soon as she picked up.

"Better but I think I should stay home for one more day," I said.

"Fine, but if we need neuro I won't care," she stated.

"Yeah and I wanted to ask, can Y/N take a day off today too? I know she just started working but-."

"She doesn't have surgeries today so okay, but again if I need her," she was stern.

"Sure, she'll be there in that case," I smiled, "thank you."

"Your coffee," said a woman handing me two to-go cups, "and your croissants. Have a good day."

"You too," I smiled and took them heading to the room.

When I got back Y/N was still sleeping in the same position and that lock of hair was still there. I put everything I bought on the table and laid next to her gently removing it from her face. She quietly whimpered.

"You're here," she whispered and smiled a little opening her eyes. She was so angelic under morning sunrays.

But can you feel this magic in the air?
It must have been the way you kissed me
Fell in love when I saw you standing there
It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale

"I'm here," I said kissing her nose, "and I bought coffee."

"Coffee?" she quickly sat up and her eyes fully opened which made me laugh, "aw you bought my favorite."

I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind laying my head on her shoulder, "Thank you," I whispered. She started to bring her hand to mine but stopped.

"Damn," she straightened her hand forward and looked at her knuckles.

"We need to talk about it, baby, when you're ready," I said and kissed her cheek.