07 ~ Tom, Jerry and the Witch

The sound of a healthy engine filled the air, easing my puzzlement. I regained my footing and marched towards the front door, peeking through one of the panes and spying silently until Alessio's red taillights had retreated from sight.

"So romantic," Jason's recognizable voice hailed from a distance.

"You were watching us?" I questioned, making my way to the dinner table and finally noticing the small ache in my calves.

"From scratch. I even took a picture," he exclaimed.

"You what?" My eyes quickly searched the room for my brother's presence and found him standing on the last step of the stairs. With his phone at arm's length and a face composed of a dreamy expression, he kept smiling like an artist that had just achieved another masterpiece.

"Hand it over," I threatened, slowly advancing towards him. He however sprinted to his left.

He then tripped over the footstool and fell on the floor, groaning in pain while still clutching onto his phone. I quickly went to help him up, and tried snatching the phone out of his hand. But he was fast enough to push me away.

"What were you thinking?" I asked.

"I just wanted to capture the moment," he replied, still grinning like a fool.

"Well, do it in a less intrusive way next time?"

As he crouched on the floor nursing his pain, I knew I had to act fast. I made the decision to hop onto my brother's back, thinking clearly despite the tension of the moment.

His body swayed under the weight of my body, but he tried his best to resist. In the end, despite his strength, we crashed onto the floor, and his phone flew to a different location. Jason was still groaning in pain while I darted towards his phone, which had landed on the floor a few feet away from us.

Once I had his blue-covered phone in my possession, I planned to delete the picture he claimed to have taken. However, the phone had shut down, probably due to the fall.

"You broke it, didn't you?" Jason asked, his voice tinged with anger as he reorganized himself on the ground and ordered me to return his phone. But my answer remained negative; I was waiting for the phone to switch on.

"Is it broken?" he asked, this time with a tinge of concern in his voice.

"It's not my fault you're not strong," I replied, trying to diffuse the situation.

An unlovely expression formed on Jason's features as he grew increasingly frustrated. "Relax, your babe is alright. Not even a scratch."

"Then give it back!" My brother demanded, growing agitated and impatient.

"Not until I'm done!" I replied, feeling a sense of satisfaction as the phone brand's logo finally appeared on the screen.

"Tiny, I'm not kidding around!" Jason warned, his voice growing louder.

"Just a little more," I pleaded, stubbornly refusing to relinquish my hold on the phone.

I was distracted from this same phone by the sound of his approaching footsteps. I had left him with no other choice, but unfortunately for him, I had a choice too. As he drew closer, I raced to my left, leaped over the couch while narrowly avoiding a face-plant.

"Tiny!" he shouted, his voice showing both anger and frustration.

"Hey, I know! We can play a game called Tom and Jerry. You're Tom, and I'm Jerry!" I suggested as I ran towards the dinner table to avoid him once again.

"Very funny Tiny. You should start a sitcom," he replied sardonically, obviously not amused.

"I might someday," I giggled in response, still trying to keep him away from the phone. I shamelessly asked for his password afterwards, and Jason let out a loud sigh as we moved in circles around the eight-seater table.