17 ~ Knowing Alessio

Alessio

Destiny wasn't a calm sleeper. The sheets I used in covering her the previous night had been rejected by her in her slumber. She still had her short black dress on. The length of the dress which reached her thigh before was now at her hip. That exposed the smooth chocolate skin of her long legs to the sunlight reflecting from the French windows. She was a beautiful sight for sore eyes although her hair was all over her pretty face as well as in her mouth. Her snores were light.

I covered her body once again and brushed aside her black hair to reveal that sweet face, glad I hadn't woken her. Her lips were like magnets pulling me in. I envisioned pinning her down in the bed and claiming her, making her scream my name out of excess ecstasy. The longer I stared at her, the dirtier my mind became.

The doorbell rang and I quickly left for the door before I did the unthinkable to Destiny.

My pal Carl's smug face was the one behind the door. He wagged his eyebrows and just kept smiling.

"What?" I crossed my arms.

"Saw you carry in a girl last night, Prince Alessio."

Carl lived across from my apartment. He crashed in at my place when he had no girls left to spare and didn't want to be lonely either

Carl and I were orphans. We once lived in an Orphan House in London; the very definition of hell in disguise. The orphanage sisters yelled at us for no reason - or mostly because we were stubborn - and the food was worse than fish food.
We formed a gang back then - six boys we were. We did every notorious thing together, including driving the sisters crazy. We called ourselves The Men because, with an age range of 12 to 13, we believed we were adults already.

One day, one of us, Mark, got adopted.
Mark was an American boy, and lucky for him, he got adopted by rich American parents who were willing to take him back to America.

But he didn't want to go unless his new parents agreed to take the remaining five of The Men.

Mark's new parents wanted him that bad, so they adopted the rest of us five.

My joy back then was immeasurable. I was going to miss London, and an old woman I used to visit, but that was it.
I was going to actually eat good food and sleep in a good bed for once!

We were so excited and so grateful to Mark, but little did we know the worst was yet to come.

When we touched down in Carson City, Nevada, our nightmares were born. We became slaves in the mansion of Mark's new parents. They didn't deny us education, but the school they enrolled us in was nothing compared to Mark's own.
We worked our asses off in that miserable house, and we were warned to shut up about the abuse or get thrown out on the streets. Since we knew no one in America, we complied.

Mark stopped defending us. The riches and pampering got in his head. We lost hope and lived that life for years until one day, our savior confronted us.

Mark told us he'd convinced his parents to give the six of us our own apartment to live in. It was reasonable because most of us were 18 already. He apologized to us, but Carl and I didn't buy it as much as the other guys did.

Of course his parents still paid for our tuition all the way to the second year of college, and we were grateful for that, but that didn't stop Carl and I from hacking their accounts and making away with a couple million bucks.

We settled in California, enrolled ourselves in a new college and began our new comfortable lives

Though we covered our tracks well, we were scared crazy that Mark was going to let them have highly intelligent FBI agents track us down.
But I guess we were safe.

And even if they did catch us later on, we'd gotten enough time to hide the evidence. I wasn't even ready to go to jail in my last but one year of college: the year I met Destiny Brown.

"Do you need something, Carl?" I blocked his way in.

"Do you think I'll bite your one night stand or what? I'm out of sugar and I'm coming for some, so let me in."

"I'll bring the sugar over to your place, Carl. Go."

"Oh," he said. "Well, I'm out of tea, and milk, and bread, and peanut butter, and everything else for breakfast. Will you carry all that to me?"

"Yes, yes," I replied hastily and slammed the door in his face before he spoke again.

"Alessio?"

I turned. My face lit up the moment I saw her.
"Tiny, you're awake."

Carl banged on the door like a lunatic.
I ignored him.

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" Destiny asked, concerned.

"No. It's no one important."

"OPEN UP, ALESSIO! YOU DON'T WANT ME WAKING UP YOUR PRINCESS, DO YOU?" I'm gonna murder him.

"Who's that?"

I smiled back - an irritated smile - and opened the door. Carl froze in action.
I grabbed him and pulled him with me, closing the door behind us.

I questioned him with gritted teeth, "Who sent you this morning, huh? Tell me."

"She was the one you were talking about? I remember her now. Damn, this was the finest girlfriend Mark ever had, and he was in deep you know."

"Shut the fuck up and get lost, Carl."

Carl broke free of my tight grip. "Wait. You said you'd told her the truth."

I avoided eye contact, but he hit my chest to get my attention. "That's why you keep sacking me, ain't it? Alessio you're so stupid!"

"I'm not stupid! I'm in love!"

"No! You're stupid!" He hit the back of my head and I pushed him.
"Do you know what this will mean when she finds out? Huh?"

"I'm not telling her, ok? And she won't find out if you keep that long beak of yours shut."

"I've always wanted what's best for you, Alessio. You know we're in every shit together."

"Listen-"

"No, you listen to me! If you really love that girl like you say, and you don't want to harm her in any way, then you better tell her you were an accomplice in beating her up some time ago! Because if she finds out on her own, she's going to hate you for life, dude. You don't want that, do you?"

I hated that Carl was right.

I hated Mark.

I hated my misfortune.

"She's not gonna find out."

"Karma's a bitch, brother."

I looked him dead in the eye. "Then watch me beat Karma."

I got inside my apartment and slammed the door.

Destiny had found the kitchen and was serving herself. She looked at me. "What's up, angry bird? Unbearable neighbor?"

I smiled. "Yeah. Crazy neighbor."

She smiled back.

____♡︎

WORD COUNT: 1155 words