10 ~ Hotter than the sun

He spoke against my lips; "You
taste...salty."

He backed away after he had purposely rubbed his soft nose against mine. His hand cupped my cheek and was startled by its wetness. "You're crying?"

I shoved his hand away. "No." I kept my gaze to the floor, trying real hard to stop more hot tears. If Alessio saw my red eyes, he was going to saddle me with a load of questions I wasn't ready for. And besides, Mark did not, in the slightest bit, deserve these tears. Fucking. Bastard. Thinking about him ticked me off.

"Tiny, are y-"

"I told you not to call me that, didn't I?!"

The air was thick. I needed space. I needed to be alone. I didn't want Alessio here...

"Tiny..." he called again. Stubborn ass British boy.

Shaking my head, I turned to open the door. But again, Alessio slammed it shut with those mighty hands of his. With a sigh, I turned to face him, leaned frustratingly against the door and threw my head back.
"What's wrong?" He drew his face closer to mine. The tears had stopped, but even as I closed my eyes, I could still feel the soreness.

"You."

"You're crying because I call you tiny?"

"Oh Christ," I muttered. "Just leave me alone, will you?"

"Give me 50 reasons why I should." I opened my eyes when his cologne wasn't filling my nostrils anymore. Alessio had moved like two steps away from me, looking at me with what seemed like concern rather than the usual blitheness.

"50 reasons and you promise you'll leave me alone?"

"50 reasonable reasons and I'm gone."

Cocky. He thinks I can't?

Well maybe I can't, but, "Gimme 10 days and you'll get your 50 reasons."

He scoffed.

"Are you opening today?" A young girl interrupted Alessio's answer to my offer. "My sister wants me to get iced coffee for her and her other seven friends. Just tell me you won't open so that I'll be free."

The girl was probably 8years old. She walked to stand in between Alessio and I. I looked down at her and smiled. "If I send you away, that'll mean losing thirty-two dollars."

Alessio chuckled and the girl crossed her arms against her chest.

"Thirty two?" she exclaimed. "But I only have twenty-four on me."

"Your sister must want tall Frappuccinos. Come on in." I opened the door for her to enter, but she refused. She protested and said she couldn't carry all that coffee. The walk from the cafe and where her sister was was far.
"And where is your sister?"

"The Arts and Craft department on campus."

That was like 2km from the cafe.

"Don't worry, we'll find a way," I assured as we entered the building together.

Alessio had taken a seat, and was patiently waiting for me to finish with my first customer of the day so he could rile me some more. One more look at him and an idea hit me.

"Alessio," I sweetly called. Slowly, "could you help..."

"Audrey," the girl provided.

"Yes. Could you help her with these awfully heavy cups of coffee, please?"

Audrey met him with a radiant smile so contagious, there was no way Alessio could say no. He responded with a melting grin as well. "I'll do it if you agree to do one thing for me." He was referring to me.