15 ~ Unexpected

A soft, unintended sigh escaped me when his lips drifted over the skin of my neck. Sparks kindled within me. My body, overtaken by ecstasy, was on fire. I subconsciously grasped Alessio's hair. Too much of the pleasure wouldn't let me protest. Everytime I mentioned his name a soft moan came afterwards. I gave in and enjoyed as Alessio left trails of pleasuring kisses on my jawline. He moved to my earlobe and rubbed his nose against it. He whispered something into my ears. My body quivered at the feel of his breath.

After a while it felt like his presence was no more, but I could still smell him.
I slowly opened my eyes to find out that there was no one beside myself in the kitchen.

"Goodbye, tiny! We'll meet again!"

The front door went 'bang!'

Shortly after, while I was blaming myself for letting Alessio have his way all the time, continuously telling myself it won't happen again, Jason waltzed in. He opened the cardboard for cornflakes.
He was in a good mood; may have been the reason why he hadn't acknowledged my presence yet. Or perhaps he'd just chosen to ignore me.

Funny enough, Jason flinched at the sound of my feet hitting the floor when I jumped off the counter. With a look of shock, he held his hand close to his chest.

"How did you get in here so fast?"

I mimicked a goofy face to avoid his question.

He did same and took his bowl of cornflakes to leave.

"Hey," I called.

"What?"

"Not telling your big sister what's brightening you up this morning? Huh?"

"You're so inquisitive."

I scoffed at his response. "I know it's because of your silly game night. How many did you score? or whatever terms you use."

He stuck his tongue out at me and left.

I stood staring at where Jason had been standing, deep in thought all of a sudden. Memories of Alessio still remained. The more I thought about it, the more excited, the more angrier, and the more sad I became. I wasn't in control the of my emotions anymore.

Dang it, I needed to set things straight. I needed to know what it was that I was doing with him.

I didn't want a relationship, but I knew I was going to miss how that light stubble scratched me everytime we kissed.

Everytime we kissed.  And how I badly desired our kisses to be a casual thing. Imagining waking up by the touch of his lips, not cold water poured by Jason.

"I'm gonna tell you because I want to, ok?"

Speak of the devil.

Jason had returned. He was done with his breakfast already.

"I ..." He sounded tensed from the beginning. There was a long pause.

"Bye Jason," I declared.

"I got a girlfriend," he said with a hint of pride and fear
I grinned from ear to ear as he gave me a shy look, constantly avoiding eye contact.

"So you're not gay!" I exclaimed.

He rolled his eyes and made for the exit. Just then mom walked in.

"Hey mom. What's up with you lately," I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

My mom looked from my face to Jason's.
"Could you be more clear?"

"Well, for starters I barely see you around the house."

"That's cos she's working, right mom?" Jason intruded. His threatening eyes was all the signal I needed to shut up.

I glared back and averted my eyes.

"Of late you work an 8-hour night shift and you still go to work during the day. I called Regina at the hospital and she said your shifts aren't until next two months, mom. Are you seeing someone?"

"Ok! That's quite enough!"

"Shut up, Jason!"

"No, you shut up! Mom can see whoever she wants whenever she wants! She can also decide not to tell us because it's her fucking life!"

I was charging at Jason's indecisive ass when my mom held me. "Watch how you speak to me in this house!"

"And you watch your tiny ass. You not the boss of me. You not the boss of any of us!"

"Ohh. Look who got guts now cos they got a girlfriend!"

"You're not gay?" my mom's soft voice run through.

"What? Is it obvious?"

"Of course I was going to understand if you were."

"I'm not! I got a sweet girlfriend who loves me just like-"

"Just like what?!" I had a feeling he was going to address Alessio and I. There was nothing to address anyways.

"You just want trouble-"

"I've had it! Enough!" That was real authority right there. My mom chided us for our petulance.

I feigned guilt, but I didn't know if Jason was doing it too. Clearly, we both wanted to get at each other's throats.

We listened quietly with sullen faces.

"Yes. I'm seeing someone. And you two are meeting him this Saturday. Bring your dates. The more, the merrier."

"But-"

"No buts, Destiny. You can absent yourself if you want."

My mom's stare told of hurt and to some extent, shame. Did she think I wasn't happy for her?
Our luck with men hadn't been the greatest but that didn't mean we couldn't stop trying.

I wasn't complaining, really. I was just scared, just like I was for myself, that my mom was going to suffer the same fate of that so called love over and over again.  

She had teared up for two nights when my dad had left her. My uncle Henry, my dad's younger brother, had been her sole comforter. Jason had also tried cheering her up. And me? I had been still through it all, mentally planning all the mean things I was going to say to that meanie father of mine.

Uncle Henry. Ah yes. I had always wished he'd be the one for my mom after his brother broke my mom's heart. He was handsome and very affectionate towards us all. And that was all my mom saw; kindness. She didn't see that genuine love that I saw. She didn't see right through him, that he was prepared to do what his brother could never, and would have never been able to do.
I saw. I saw it all, but I kept quiet because the peace that already existed between them was enough.

Uncle Henry was a neurologist; the best in the field. He got transferred most of the time. His last transfer sent him to Denmark. I hadn't heard from him since, but I was soon to phone him if I didn't like the guy my mom was going to introduce us to.

____♡︎

WORD COUNT: 1115 words