15. MISSING PUZZLE PIECES

Being in Taehyung's presence isn't as distracting as Jimin thought it would be. He wonders if the blue-haired boy feels the same way because, all he can think about is everything. He's balancing so many thoughts in his head, atop a pedestal and it teeters from left to right as if swayed by the wind. He can almost feel them falling to the tip of his tongue, like they possess life. However they die down his throat on contact.

"You okay, Min?" Taehyung asks, poking the eraser end of his pencil against his chin. His eyebrows are furrowed softly, in a curious state.

Jimin blinks, his hair shifting with a subtle head shake. He peers up at Taehyung through his glasses and nibbles on his bottom lip, unsure of what to say. The answer is probably obvious enough but the weight of it looms over him, almost forcing his body into a cowardice position.

Taehyung studies him, leaning forward to press the back of his hand against his forehead. "You don't feel warm," he says, dropping it back into his lap.

"I'm just busy thinking, Tae," Jimin replies, closing his work book. The boy's eyes follow his actions interestedly. "Can we go out? Get away from the neighbourbood, maybe."

Taehyung reflects the boy's actions, putting his own work away. "That bad, huh?"

With a shrug, Jimin's lips purse. "I just think we could use some fun. We've been going through a lot and I'm tired of thinking, aren't you?" he asks.

Soft, blue hair falls when Taehyung nods his head in agreement, toying with the sleeves of his over-sized hoodie. His uneven eyes look Jimin's contemplative expression over. "Did you have any ideas?"

"I'm not sure," Jimin replies honestly, fixing a black baseball cap on his head. "I guess we'll figure it out when we get there, right? Maybe the mall." He pushes his glasses up his nose, standing up from his cross-legged position on the floor.

"The mall sounds like fun. I could use some new clothes." Taehyung's lips stretch into a charming smile and he lifts himself off of the bed, fixing his hood. "It's been awhile since I've gone."

Jimin claps his sweater paws together. "Then this is the perfect idea. Let's go." Both boys make their way down the stairs and toward the entryway.

Both Jin and Jeongguk are out at classes which makes it easier for them to slip out without any confrontation.

Jimin knows that he should tell Jeongguk about pervy-hands sooner than later. He hasn't been able to bring himself to do it because, quite frankly, he feels as though Jeongguk has other things he needs to worry about. He needs to focus on his music and Jin is halfway through his law school education. If the latter ever wants to meet the licensing phase, he needs to clean up his act.

Not to mention Jeongguk has already spent so much time coddling Jimin, he feels like he's already been too much of a piece of work. The brown-haired boy cares about him. And he knows that. He's just spent so much of his life independently that having someone close still feels relatively strange.

It feels like there's this weight lifted off of Jimin's shoulders once they step foot into the mall. The only places he has been most recently are school and his own house. It feels nice to get out and get some fresh air. Taehyung most likely feels the same way because in his lately heavy steps, there is a lightness. Like a feather that falls slowly.

Jimin had been meaning to ask Taehyung if he's heard from his mother after her abrupt departure, however he hasn't said anything. He figures that when the blue haired boy is ready, he'll speak up about it. But it's not like he's under any obligation to. Jimin is just worried about him.

"What should we do first?" Taehyung asks, eyeing the cluster of stores in sight.

"You want new clothes, right?" Jimin brings up, watching Taehyung's lips twitch into a giddy smile. The boy takes off and Jimin follows after him.