21. WHAT WE CAN'T CONTROL

"Watch your footing, Hyung," Jimin says, placing his hands on Jin's shoulder and elbow.

"I'm fine, Jimin." Jin throws his legs over the side of the hospital bed, lowering onto his feet.

"I agree. You should watch your footing," Taehyung chimes in, helping Jin from the other side.

An airy chuckle leaves Jin as he shakes his head with a heartfelt smile. "They wouldn't be discharging me if I wasn't fit to move around. Really, you guys. I'm okay. It's healed over."

"I don't know, Jin Hyung. I wouldn't test them," Jeongguk interjects with a playfulness to his tone, his arms folded over his chest. "Especially Jimin. He's the type to put you on a leash."

The teenager peers up at Jeongguk, trying to fight the blush on his cheeks. His pre-existing small eyes narrow even further into a glare. "Keep talking and you'll be the one on the end of my leash," he retorts.

Both of Jeongguk's hands lift into the air in surrender. "What if I'm already there?" he mouths silently, sneaking in a wink, only for Jimin's eyes. The boy sticks his tongue out petulantly.

They make their way out of the building and as per hospital protocol, Jin is pushed out on a wheelchair. When they make it outside, the same process repeats itself. Taehyung and Jimin are glued to his sides like magnets during the small walk to the car up until the very moment he's inside of it, buckled up.

"We got his medication, right?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk hums from his position in the backseat, lifting the small bag into the air.

"Okay." Jimin sinks into the passenger seat, exhaling softly.

The last couple of days preparing for Jin's return haven't been the smoothest. Jimin has been spending a lot of time at Jeongguk's and since Taehyung knows about them, it's gotten much easier to slip out without Jin at the house. Much easier to keep it a secret. He knows that he needs to tell him sooner than later but it doesn't feel right to do it right now. Not right after he's been discharged from the hospital.

During the drive back to the house, despite how consumed Jimin is with his own thoughts, he can't help but notice how often Taehyung is looking back through the rear view mirror to steal glances from Jin. He isn't quite sure what to make of it, but what he feels to be certain is the fact that he's grateful for Taehyung. It's so easy to be careless and even after everything that he's been through, he's still so willing to be there for other people. He's selfless.

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip with his eyes focused on the passenger car door window. It's also been a couple of days since him and Jeongguk had sex. It was everything he imagined it to be and so much more. The way he was handled so gently and touched so perfectly, like Jeongguk knew just exactly where all of his sensitive spots were. How he took care of him after the fact and made sure he got to bed comfortably. He couldn't have possibly asked for a better first time and he's so grateful that Jeongguk was the one to make it happen.

By the time they reach the house, it's faintly dark outside. Jeongguk carries in the medication and Jin's bag, meanwhile Taehyung and Jimin are once again clinging to the side of the eldest, overly cautious of his actions.

"Do you want anything to eat? Are you hungry?" Jimin asks as soon as Jin gets situated on the couch.

"Not just yet, Min." He smiles, pulling a blanket over his legs. "But I'll let you know when I am, alright?"

Jimin nods his head, eyes following Jeongguk's figure as he makes his way down the hall to drop Jin's bag into his bedroom. When he comes back out, their eyes meet and they both exchange soft smiles.