26. SOAKED DENIM

It's been a week since Jin's departure for the United States and even so, both Taehyung and Jimin struggle to stay in high spirits. They're both fully aware that it's something that needs to be done - that it's something extremely important he needs to do for those around him but more importantly for himself.

The house just feels extra empty without him present. And as a result, Jeongguk has decided to move in with both boys until Jin is back from rehab.

Jimin closes himself off in his bedroom, working on some homework he failed to get done over the weekend. Letting out a sigh, he rolls his shoulders back, looking to ease some of the tension that's been building up. Unheralded hands land next to his neck and fingers move in gentle yet precise circles where the discomfort is being felt.

"How are you feeling, Min?" Jeongguk asks while looming over him, staring at the Social Studies homework sitting on the small desk.

"I'm okay," Jimin replies, dropping his pencil against his booklet. He sits back and lets Jeongguk's hands take over, allowing his eyes to shut. "That feels good," he sighs.

Jeongguk hums, pressing just a little bit harder to reach the knots. "I just got back from checking on Taehyung and he says he's okay but I can tell that he isn't. Jin Hyung's absence is really taking a toll on him, Min." He joins Jimin on the little bench that he's sitting on.

Frankly, it doesn't surprise Jimin that Taehyung is taking this hit a little bit harder. After everything that went down with his mom and after being treated so poorly, he found a safe place within Jin and now, that safe place is gone for who knows how long. He just wishes that there was something he could do.

"Hopefully he pulls through. He's strong so I'm sure he will. We'll just do what we can in the meantime to make sure that he's okay." Jimin leans his head against Jeongguk's shoulder, staring at a few pictures he has taped against the wall from when he and Taehyung were younger.

Jeongguk presses his face against Jimin's head, placing gentle kisses along his scalp. His hand moves over the blond's thigh until it settles on the inside of it where he squeezes gingerly, moving his thumb over the light material of his black jeans. Wordlessly, Jimin repositions himself over the taller's thighs in a straddling position, holding onto his shoulders while hands keep around his waist.

Their foreheads collide and Jimin has hoped for a moment like this for such a long time. Lately, it feels like everything has been moving so fast and he can never seem to catch up. And so to be here with Jeongguk like this in stillness and quietude almost feels like a dream. Lips dragging over his jaw timidly remind him that it's real life. That Jeongguk is real and that what they are is real.

The boy's lips move over Jimin's neck, over the bare part of his shoulder that's exposed by his shirt being tugged to the side. A little whine leaves his mouth, meeting Jeongguk's ear. He's held impossibly close by arms that wind around his body tightly, gripping at his shirt.

"You also have to make sure that you're taking care of yourself, baby. Okay?" Jeongguk reminds him.

Jimin nods his head. "I know. I'll try my hardest."

"I'm right here if you need me." Jeongguk pulls back, tilting Jimin's head down by his jaw to place a kiss against his forehead.

-

Jimin shouldn't be out this late, especially since he has school tomorrow morning. Even so, he doesn't seem to have any care.

All his life, even if Jin and him have had a rocky relationship, regardless, he was always there. They broke out into fights like most siblings did but they always made up after it.