23. LET THE GOOD COME TO YOU

Getting Jeongguk into his apartment room is a little bit trickier than Jimin expects. The boy's arm feels heavy around his shoulder but they manage and eventually, the brunette is sitting on the sofa, leaning into the back of it, holding his cheek.

"Don't move." Jimin's hands leave Jeongguk's shoulders and he hurries into the kitchen, in search of a baggy, ice and a dish towel. It requires some rummaging around but he remembers where most of it is from past visits to the boy's apartment room.

When Jimin makes it back to the living area, he takes a seat on the coffee table and he places his small hand on Jeongguk's thigh, pawing at it softly while holding the ice to the latter's cheek carefully. In the meantime, his eyes loom over the boy's torso slowly for thorough inspection.

"What are you looking for?" Jeongguk asks with a slight grimace.

"He also hit you in the stomach," Jimin replies, eyes meeting Jeongguk's in a small panic. "I should take a look."

"I'm sure it's fine, Min," Jeongguk assures, placing his hand over top of the smaller one that holds the ice to his cheek. "My cheek is worse."

"I don't believe you." Jeongguk breaks into a chuckle at Jimin's stern expression, finding it rather cute.

"Say that again without pouted lips and maybe I'll believe you, baby." The small hand slips away from beneath Jeongguk's and fingers tangle around the hem of his top.

It doesn't matter what Jeongguk says. Jimin needs to see it to be sure and to believe it. He tries to lift the former's shirt, denied access almost immediately. The blond looks up at his boyfriend with a frown, dropping his hand dejectedly. "Jeongguk," he whines, voice rising in octave but face falling.

"Okay, okay." Jeongguk admits defeat. He lowers the bag of ice onto the cushion next to him, lifting his arms into the air. "Take a look, Min."

Jimin doesn't hesitate, slipping Jeongguk's shirt off of his body. He places it to the side, running his fingers delicately over the blossoming splotch of purple. His heart aches at the sight and when the latter notices the frown that has overcast his boyfriend's face, he stretches his arm outward to run his thumb in circles over his forehead.

"Smile for me, Min," Jeongguk asks, soon dragging his thumb over the boy's cheekbone, cradling the side of his face. "I promise I'm okay."

His head falls. "How can you expect me to smile right now? Look at you. You're all purple and hurt," he sighs.

Jeongguk chuckles. "'Purple and hurt?'" he reiterates, ruffling Jimin's blond hair fondly.

"It isn't funny. Stop laughing." Jimin crosses his arms. "I would hit you if you weren't already hurt." His gaze lingers to the bruising on Jeongguk's ribs again and instead of being given more time to sulk, the latter reaches forward and pulls Jimin onto his lap.

The blond squeaks in surprise, his legs bent and knees resting on either side of Jeongguk's thighs, just against the sofa. His hands land on his shoulders as a means to stay in place instead of falling forward and into the latter's chest.

"Jeongguk." Jimin says in a warning tone, feeling the boy's warm skin against his fingertips. "You're crazy," he mumbles, lacing his arm's around Jeongguk's neck.

He smiles, moving his hands against Jimin's sides, soft like feathers until stopping them on his hips in a secure grasp. They look into each other's eyes longingly and despite how the blond wants to be angry for being taken off guard like that or for Jeongguk being reckless like this, he can't.

"I've missed you," Jeongguk says honestly.

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip, lost in the eyes that look at him with so much intensity and warmth. "I've been here, Jeongguk Hyung," he replies quietly.