18. ROAD TO RECOVERY

When Jimin gets out of the shower, he's donned in a pair of shorts and one of Jeongguk's oversized t-shirts. He wanders out of the bathroom with a small towel lain over his shoulder and uses it to dry at the back of his head.

When he reaches the small living area, Jeongguk, shirtless, hunched over the stove is the very first thing that he sees. He takes his bottom lip between his teeth and bites down softly, feeling a blush creep onto his cheeks. He has seen him without a shirt before and has felt him but it's still taking some time to get used to.

With Jeongguk being busy in the little kitchen, he doesn't realize that Jimin is approaching from behind. The latter wraps his arms around his middle, placing the side of his face against the golden plane of Jeongguk's back.

"Min," Jeongguk gasps softly. "You startled me. You're lucky I haven't started cooking anything yet." He chuckles.

"Sorry." Jimin's lips ghost the boy's warm skin and he turns around slowly to hook a finger beneath the teenager's chin.

His breath audibly hitches. "Baby," he breathes ardently, roving Jimin's body.

"Hyung?" Jimin's ample lips part and his shining eyes widen slightly as he looks up to meet Jeungguk's ruminative gaze. He can tell what he's thinking because the avid look on his face matches the exact expression he showcased last when he offered his help.

"Shit, Jimin." Jeongguk turns around, running his hand down his face.

Curling his lips in, Jimin reaches one of his hands out carefully. He traces a small line down Jeongguk's back with his finger and leans in, placing a kiss over his skin. The blond can feel him tense.

"Jimin," Jeongguk says again, a subtle warning to his tone.

"Jeongguk Hyung," Jimin retorts, keeping his lips against the brown-haired boy's back.

Finally, he turns around once more, rolling his tongue into the inside of his cheek. Jimin is peering up at him through pretty lashes and when Jeongguk begins to move forward, the teenager instinctively takes steps back.

Until he meets the small counter and he's caged between Jeongguk's arms as they land on either side of him, his hands pressed along the counter top.

"You're testing me, aren't you?" Jimin can't help himself, curling his fingers around the belt loops of Jeongguk's jeans to pull him in a little bit closer.

"I'm not," he says truthfully, running his tongue over lips. "Is it called testing if I want it?"

Jeongguk's jaw tenses and his fingers tighten against the counter, paling. "We could be getting a call from Taehyung any second, Min. You've finally gotten yourself back in shape and now you want me to work you up again?" he husks quietly into his ear.

"I can't f-focus. Not even during my test. Hyung, I..." Jimin's words die out, as does his confidence.

"You what, baby?" Jeongguk grabs Jimin's chin between his thumb and forefinger, forcing his head up. The latter's hand swings up to curl around the brown-haired boy's wrist.

"Please," Jimin mumbles, his body flushing red. "I need you," he breathes.

"Do you?" Jeongguk hums, dragging his forefinger to Jimin's exposed collarbone.

"I do." Jimin's fingers seek purchase in the boy's head of soft brown hair.

Jeongguk is right. He knows that he is. Jin could be entering surgery at any given second, seeing as they moved him to the top of the donor list. But he's stable and that fact in itself gives Jimin a little leeway to empty the thoughts that have been consuming his mind for the past few days. And all they have been are Jeongguk, Jeongguk, Jeongguk.