25. SEE YOU AGAIN

Considering everything that's been going on as of late, it's been difficult for Jimin to find the time to catch up on himself. He hasn't visited the local library in awhile which happens to be where he used to spend most of his time. Majority of it was exhausted on homework and the dwellings of his rocky relationship with his brother, however, sometimes he would find himself invested in a novel. One he usually managed to finish in a single sitting because he didn't feel like going home.

Such as he always used to do, he gets the friendly librarians recommendation and scoops said book off of the shelf, snuggling into the corner, away from wandering eyes. He settles on a pillow, leaning his head against the side of a bookshelf while opening up the novel to the very first page.

Even so, he finds himself unable to move on from the three words that left Jeongguk's lips just a few days ago. Or Taehyung's situation with his mom that he doesn't seem ready to talk about, or the fact that he only seems to confide in Jin about it.

Either way, Jimin is content with the fact that even though it may not be him specifically, that Taehyung still has somebody he can talk to. Rather than questioning it, he allows it to be as is and focuses on the book in his hands. His nimble fingertips graze over the thin pages as he turns them upon reaching the bottoms, onto the next.

Reading has always been a hobby of his but unfortunately, he hasn't been able to find the time to do so, similarly to visiting the library. He almost forgot how long he could stay cooped up in one position, hunched over and engrossed in the storytelling just between the pads of his fingers. He exhales quietly, leaning back into the wall when a pair of black jeans ooze into his peripheral.

Looking up, Jimin spots Jeongguk towering over him with a soft smile. Today, along with his black jeans, he sports an oversized, louis blue hoodie with the sleeves rolled up, displaying his assemblage of tattoos. His feet sit snug in a pair of slightly dirtied white slip-on sneakers and Jimin is drawn to the small doodle of a tree he had left on them when they were on bad terms.

"How long have you been here, Min?" Jeongguk asks, fixing the baseball cap on his head.

Jimin shrugs softly, gaze lingering to the pages left open. "I don't know. I never keep track of time when I'm reading." His full lips break into a smile. "What are you doing here?"

Not one second later, Jeongguk takes a seat next to him and reaches for the book in Jimin's hands, reading it's synopsis curiously. "I kind of figured this is where you'd ran off to but I asked Jin Hyung just to be sure. I finished my classes for today and I wanted to stop by and ask how my little blondie is doing."

A little scoff erupts into the air as Jimin looks the brunette over with a playful glint in his eyes. "Who says I'm your little blondie?" he quips, taking the book out of Jeongguk's hands.

"Some things don't need to be said to be established." Jeongguk tilts Jimin's head up by his chin, using the tip of his index finger. "Tell me I'm wrong." His eyes land on the blond's lips.

Seeing as they're in the corner, hidden by another bookshelf, Jimin leans in a gives Jeongguk a quick kiss. What he intends to be short is longer lasting when the brunette keeps his head in place by the gentle yet firm hold on his jaw.

Jimin's hands wander over Jeongguk's legs and his hands paw gently at his thighs. The latter pulls away, dragging his thumb along the blond's bottom lip.

"Hyung," the boy utters, pulling his sleeves over his hands while looking Jeongguk in the eyes.

"You initiated it first, Min." Jeongguk shrugs, breaking into a skittish grin. "You can't blame me for wanting a longer taste." His back falls against the wall and for a minute, there's only quietness.