28. IN A MATTER OF SECONDS

"We're graduating soon, Tae. What should we do?" Jimin scribbles the answer down for one of the questions in his revision booklet.

Taehyung, who hasn't been doing much work at all, rests on his back and balances his pencil on the pad of his thumb. "I don't know. I never really thought about it," he replies honestly, slightly distracted as indicated by the subtle drawl in his voice.

Jimin hums, closing his booklet. He climbs off of his bed and snatches the pencil from Taehyung's thumb, placing it on the desk. He plops down next to his head and begins to play with his hair.

Considering family history, Jimin has never really been a partier, even after the end of each year in high school. From what he knew, simply via the socials he owns, plenty of people from his school always got together to celebrate. Taehyung has even taken part occasionally but Jimin often found himself staying home. And if a party were to be thrown at their place, he'd find somewhere else to spend the night.

Now that he thinks about it, is it even worth celebrating? Give it a summer and he's going right back to school, even though he doesn't exactly know what to pursue yet.

"What if we just had a movie night?" Taehyung suggests, peering up at Jimin with his puppy eyes crossed.

"We have movie nights all of the time. We should do something different. Like maybe go out for dinner." Jimin's fingers continue to weave through Taehyung's hair in almost a studied practice, it seems.

Suddenly the boy sits up and turns around. His hair falls into his eyes which he quickly pushes back to see his best friend. "Okay. Have any ideas?"

"I think so. There's a place we always used to go but Jin Hyung and I haven't been in so long. I don't even know if it's still running. But if it is, I think that it's a good option," Jimin replies with a soft smile.

"Sounds like a plan." Taehyung falls back over, putting his head in Jimin's lap. His eyes flutter when the blond's fingers caress his scalp.

-

It's been awhile since Jimin's visited Jeongguk and Jin's University building. He almost forgets where everything is but the sound of a guitar resonating reminds him exactly where he's going - where he needs to be.

Slowly, Jimin pushes the cracked door open. He's met with Jeongguk's back that visibly contorts through his white shirt as his fingers glide expertly over the strings. If he could just sit there and listen all day then he would. But it's been a while since they've seen each other considering the University students have also been busy with their own exams.

And so he closes the door behind him quietly, ambling toward the target of his affection. He wraps his arms around Jeongguk's waist and rises to his tiptoes, placing his chin on the older boy's shoulder.

"Min," Jeongguk says and less than a simple statement, it sounds similar to that of relief. "What are you doing here, baby?"

"I wanted to see you and wish you luck for your exams. It's been awhile since we've seen each other. I almost forgot how calming your voice is," Jimin replies and there's an obvious sadness to it, even if it isn't major. Either way, Jeongguk can pick up on it immediately.

He turns around, brushing one of the blond's cheekbones with his thumb. "Have you been stressed? Is there anything I can do?" he asks.

Jimin chuckles. "I'm okay, I swear. I just wanted to see you. I feel better already."

Jeongguk smiles, gripping Jimin's chin between his forefinger and thumb. He leans down and he kisses him on his lips, unafraid to go a little bit harder when the grip on his hoodie sleeves tighten.