20. FIRST TIME

As soon as the hospital door closes behind Taehyung, Jimin pulls Jeongguk in for a hug. The latter sinks his face into the crook of the blond's neck and runs a hand up and down his back, other fingers nestling over his nape.

"How are you feeling, Min?" Jeongguk asks quietly.

"I'm feeling better." Jimin pulls away from the hug, a soft smile on his face. He messes with the hem of his shirt and struggles to meet Jeongguk's eyes. "He apologized for everything. He knows that he needs to make a change - that he needs to get clean. It felt so nice and almost surreal, talking to him without any alcohol in sight."

"Hey." Jeongguk reaches his hand out, drying the tears that fall over Jimin's cheeks. "There's no need to cry, Min. It hurts me seeing you in tears." Jimin peers upward, blinking excessively, trying to dry his eyes.

"I'm so relieved for you two. Things will begin to fall into place now, right?" A concept Jimin never really believed to be possible, not up until his and Jin's conversation just a few minutes ago. He nods his head and his lips stretch into a hopeful smile.

"Are you hungry? Do you want something that isn't hospital food?" Jeongguk suggests, pushing some loose strands of blond hair out of Jimin's eyes.

He nods his head. "Sure, that sounds nice. I have a feeling Taehyung is going to be in there for awhile." A small chuckle leaves him.

"You think so?" Jeongguk starts walking and Jimin joins him, their shoulders touching.

"Like you said, it seems like they've gotten closer. I think it's great." Jimin twists his head and looks up at Jeongguk cutely.

Jeongguk grins. "Don't look at me like that. You know where it'll get you," he intones.

Jimin's lips purse and he swings his hand out to hit Jeongguk on his chest. "Stop," he drawls, a light blush coating his cheeks.

"I'm just being honest, Min." Jeongguk shrugs, his fingers grazing the exposed nape of Jimin's neck as they walk through the hospital doors and into the parking lot. "Is there anything in particular you wanna eat?" he asks.

Jimin glances at him meticulously, a shiver running down his spine. His silence prompts Jeongguk to look over and the latter breaks into laughter, giving the blond's neck a tight squeeze before they split off into the truck.

"I'm talking about food. Unless you have other plans in mind, baby." Jeongguk buckles himself up and reverses out of his parking spot, placing his hand on the headrest of the passenger seat.

Jimin can feel his face heat up in an instant and he just looks away, pulling his shirt down over his thighs. "Food is okay. I'm craving ramyeon," he mumbles.

"Just ramyeon? Okay, Min. I'll take you someplace small but good." When they reach the main street, Jimin is determined to keep his mouth shut.

Because if he continues to talk, the only thing it will result in is him digging his own grave. Jeongguk asked if he would be able to keep it together and he strongly believes that he'll be able to. But if he keeps teasing him, he has no idea how long he'll last.

When they make it to the small ramyeon place just next to the road, Jimin doesn't say anything of their arrival. He doesn't even unbuckle himself and he keeps his gaze trained on his lap, messing with his fingers.

"Are you sure you're hungry, Min? I can drop you off at your place if you'd like-"

"No," Jimin cuts in, looking up at Jeongguk. "I mean, yes, I'm hungry. I don't want you to drop me off at my place because no one is there. I don't want to be alone," he murmurs.