אַחַת

Normani decided neither idleness nor indolence would serve any purpose. Thus she agreed to help a female friend who was going on holiday.

This mate was one of them Normani called friend. Fewer people she named friend. It was mutually beneficial both girls seize this opportunity. For what is a servant who is not serving?

When arriving at the airport Normani sent a group text message unto her band mates. This message acknowledged her safe arrival and she would have no cellular service. Prior departure the other three pressed her for information. Normani could provide what scant information she knew. Furthermore it was explained exempting extenuating circumstances this ministerial position would would conclude by November at the latest.

Several months past Fifth Harmony was on the second part of an international tour. Lauren, Dinah, Normani, and Ally decided to touch base with certain people who were stateside. Those contacted were friends and family during a month of leisure time.

Whilst enjoying this holiday Normani contacted someone who requested her assistance. This female friend explained the circumstances leading unto her desperation. She was selected to serve as maid of honour for the marriage of a sister.

She revealed the two met whilst the sister was serving aboard a cruise ship in the infirmary. The sister was a former chief medical officer whilst serving in United States Navy. This mate revealed her sister was qualified to be a practising veterinarian. Normani was most surprised learning this mate of hers was runt of twenty children. She was youngest of three daughters. The remaining two would be fifth and sixth if discussing order of  succession. Additionally Normani discovered this friend was the only one of two to leave Guam. Only she made a more permanent decision. Who knows why the lass felt obliged to share she was half Somalian and half Chamoru.

First full day of work was dedicated unto housekeeping training. Additionally there was learning all the details for food preparation and serving meals. Second day was dedicated unto learning all remaining duties.

*****

Precisely one sennight after arriving Normani welcomed a new guest to the Cornucopia Inn. This guest was alone after three days. All other guests left to go unto respective destinations. With little else to be done the two would spend time conversing with one another. These two were no different than weary sojourners navigating the same trail. Aiding them was the inn being miles away from town. Indeed the original owner believed it best to build nigh unto a blink town.

These strangers developed feelings for each other only to publicly confess their shared emotional bond was just platonic in nature. Of note is an odd remark the guest made unto his hostess. Said the guest, 'Have you ever noticed when the hero is about to begin and/or begins their quest a wise and powerful wizard appears?' Without much reference material Normani found it difficult contesting his perspective. All she offered was 'Not in Star Wars.' to which the guest patiently and kindly explained fallacy of her logic. They explained unto her how the best teachers taught their disciple to be teachers.

When their time together concluded within a fortnight of the arrival Normani was left with many things to weigh. Many of their conversations revealed the guest to be an intellectual awakening an answering call deep within her being. For the Law of Magnetism says deep calls unto deep as like calls unto like. The guest and their hostess parted ways leaving one another to chew a cud. Likewise neither sojourner was cognisant of how Fate or Providence would use this fortuitous meeting to shape the lives of many including their respective personal lives.