22 Days Left

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9th

knock knock

knock knock

knock knock

I wake up to the sound of hard knocks pounding against my wooden door. I place a pillow over my head, try to ignore them, and hope they go away.

knock knock

knock knock

knock knock

knock knock

"Open the damn door, y/n!" I recognize that annoying, loud voice. It's Katsuki!

I jump out of bed, almost tripping over misplaced shoes in my messy room. I open my door and there standing is a furious, scowling boy, with little sparks coming from his hands.

I rub my eyes and with a sleepy voice I mutter, "Kacchan?"

"Don't 'Kacchan' me." He pushes me aside and barges into my room. He stomps his way into my room.

'Why the fuck does this box have to be so angry so early in the morning?'

His head down, ash-blond hair covering his pretty face, hands tightly clenched into fist. "Why wouldn't you tell me?"

I confusedly tilt my head. I try to figure out what he's talking about, but I draw blanks "Tell you what?"

He slowly breathes in. Exhaling he throws his fist onto his thigh. "Don't play dumb with me, damn it, y/n!" He slightly raised his voice.

"I'm not, Katsuki! I honestly don't know what you're talking about." I went to reach for his shoulder, but before I rest my hand on him, he flicks my hand away.

"YOU'RE GOING ON A FUCKING DATE WITH ONE OF MY BEST FUCKING FRIENDS, AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF MENTIONING IT TO ME! WHAT THE HELL?" His voice slightly cracks through it all.

"I promise I didn't mean to keep it from you." I gently put my hand on my chest.

He huffs. "Best friends are supposed to tell each other everything."

His words like a thousand shards of glass were flung into my heart. Such a simple phrase, yet such so pain.

His words replayed in my head...