🗡A New Comrade🐾

(Don't forget to vote and follow!💖)

~Y/n pov~

Dad is past the highway, the pizzeria is not that far away. I began to walk through the forest, going down the side of the highway to avoid any contact with them.

I was walking for so long I felt my stomach growl and noticed the sun slowly rising above me. I pulled my bag and looked through it, I grabbed a granola bar and began to eat it quickly.

My feet were being worn down, my legs urging to fall down to the ground. I kept walking before I heard small barks and dead snarls.

I crouched down and followed the sound. I saw through a bush, a dead woman eating something. I saw one pup barking at it, it was eating puppies?!

The one blondish one was hiding in a small hole in the dirt as the woman tried to grab it. I held my knife before running and grabbing the head of the woman and stabbing the side of her head with it.

I ripped my knife out as her limp body hit the floor. I looked at what she was eating and saw 4 half devoured gray, blonde, and black puppies.

But one remained alive, it slowly crawled out and sniffed it's dead siblings. It'll be okay. . . the little pup can survive. I kneeled down and pulled a small cup out of the small pocket of my bag and grabbed my water bottle before filling it up and sliding it to the small dog.

I got up and walked away. I proceeded to walk alongside the highway and keep my eyes straight ahead. My feet were crunching on the twigs below me as I watched the birds fly in the sky.

Animals. . . cows, pigs, horses, dogs, cats. . . they're being eaten alive, too. Every single living being is being attacked by these monsters.

Zombies just sound ridiculous. The undead sounds strange. . . the walkers just sound plain. . . runners? Just a random name to call them.

I saw a crawler with no legs as it struggled to get out of a car. I kept walking until I saw a car at the end of the highway, door open and the key inside of the ignition.

I quickly ran and hopped over the barrier and entered the car. I looked around and saw the clean car, fresh and some supplies remaining in the backseat. Who would leave this car?

I turned back and saw the same puppy sitting by my foot hanging out of the car. I looked at the pup who then laid down and kept staring at me.

 I looked at the pup who then laid down and kept staring at me

"I thought I left you back there. . ." I muttered.

I turned the car key and sure enough the car turned on without a doubt. I put my foot inside and the pup whined at me and lightly placed it's paw on the side of the car.

"I don't have time to take care of a dog. . . but. . . it might do me some good if I had a dog." I sighed. I leaned over and grabbed the soft pup before setting it on the passengers seat and closing my door.