Ch. 29 The Little Things

10 Minutes before Y/n arrived at the Grey Hound

Vacant Room 3rd Floor

Ben is sitting in the vacant room writing in his journal when the door opens, and a familiar face enters.

Blake: Hey.

He looks up from his journal and smiles.

Ben: Hey.

Blake: Do you mind if I join you?

Ben: Not at all.

She sits down next to him and looks at his journal before he puts it down.

Ben: It keeps me busy.

He smiles but she could tell there was some sadness underneath.

Blake: Hey are you doing alright?

Ben: *Sigh* Well with Y/n back, he can be Spider-Man, and there can't be two people with Spider powers running around.  So how can I still be useful?

She gives him a side hug and nuzzles his neck.

Blake: Ben, your not a machine remember, just because we got Y/n back, that doesn't mean I...I mean we still need you.

Ben: Well...

Blake: Besides we literally would not be here if not for you, and we all like having you here.

Ben: Well I don't know about everyone, I still don't think Yang likes me very much.

Blake: She didn't like you at first because she was missing Y/n, but now that he is back I am sure she will warm up to you.

Ben: *Blushes* Well, I guess so...but how can I do to be helpful to the team?

Blake: Well we all can think of something but...I can think of a few ways you can be useful... to me.

She smiles and kisses him, he reciprocates, but before they continue she locks the door.

Greyhound Roof 10 Minutes after Y/n arrived at the Grey Hound

Yang opens the door to the roof and Y/n is close behind her, and he instantly realizes that the roof no longer looks like it did before it has been decorated with lights and two lawn chairs close together.

Y/n: I thought coming up here was a spur-of-the-moment decision.

Yang: *Smiling* I never said that,  bring back memories?

Y/n: *Smiling*  Yeah.

She puts her hands behind his neck and they begin to dance to nothing more than the sound of the crickets.

Yang: Sorry I couldn't find any music.

Y/n: Just being with you, is more than enough for me.

Yang: Oh, did I ever tell you that your such a sweetheart.

Y/n: *Smiles* On occasion, but hearing it never gets old.

Yang: Come here, Tiger.

She pulls him in for a kiss as they keep swaying back and forth.

After a bit, they break for air, and then she puts her head on his chest.

Y/n: I love you.

Yang: I know.

Y/n: Oooooh I love it when you quote my favorite movies.

Yang: Well why do you think I do it, baby.

After a bit more dancing and a couple of drinks, they lay down in the lawn chairs Yang had set up earlier. 

Yang: The sky looks so nice.

Y/n: Hey can we just stay up here, it is just so crazy down there.

Yang: I know, but we made it through the Invasion of Vale, The Sinister Six, the Drone Attack on Mantle, we can handle a fat man and his cronies.  

He turns to her.

Y/n: And after this is all over you still want to live together?

Yang: Well of course silly...hey how long have we been dating?

Y/n: Oh, jeez I think two, almost three years now.

Yang: Wow, it feels like it has been so much longer, it's been so wonderful.

Y/n: *Smiles* Yeah it really has.

 Yang: After you got taken away from me, from us.  I thought that I may not ever see you again, it really scared me.

Y/n: I'm sorry, it was hard for me too, but the thought of you is what kept me going.

Yang: Same, and when we found you I was so happy, and that's when I realized something.

Y/n: What did you realize?

He turns red and starts to fiddle with her fingers.

Yang: Well......I realized that.....I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

Y/n: !!!  You...you mean you want to get m-

Yang: Yeah, well maybe not right now...but I want to at least start the conversation. 

Y/n:  Well I...

Yang: Oh God I am sorry I didn't mean to freak you out I just...

Y/n: I want to spend the rest of my life with you too.

Yang: !!! Really!?

Y/n: Yeah, of course, I have thought about it too I love you more than anything else in the world Yang, you're my sunflower.

Yang just smiles holding back tears of joy.

Yang: *SQUEAL* Oh I love you to Y/N!

She leans in and kisses him, and he runs his hand through her hair, and she does the same.

Y/n: So are we, you know, engaged?

Yang: *Giggles* I guess we kind of are, lets call it a pre-engagement, it may not have happened yet but...

Y/n: ...We know it's coming, we can look forward to it.

Yang: Exactly, my future husband.

Y/n: Oh that's going to take a little time getting used to.

Yang: Don't worry I will only call you that when we are alone my future hubby!

They share a quick kiss.

Yang: But may I request one thing?

Y/n: Sure my future fiance,  who will then my present fiance, who then will become my future wife, and then my present wife...uh...my Sunflower, sorry got a little tongue-tied there.  What can I do for you?

Yang: Well since you are Spider-Man, I expect a very big and Spider-Man-y proposal.

Y/n: You got it Sunflower.

They once again share in a long and passionate kiss that seems to last forever for them, they did not want it to end, and for the rest of the night, it won't.

Meanwhile

A soldier is spying on a roof about three blocks away from the Greyhound, with thermal binoculars and a listening device.

Demon 2: Deamon 1 this is Demon 2, I have confirmation that the Spider is in the Greyhound Pub, I repeat the Spider is in the Greyhound Pub.

Ironside(Comms): Good work Demon 2, report back to base, we will storm the place tomorrow at 22 hundred hours.

Demon 2: Yes sir I am on my way.