Ch. 10 Taskmaster

Fisk Tower

Cell Blocks

Midnight

3rd Pov

Three of the four prisoners asleep, Qrow was the only one awake since the only sleep he seems to find is at the bottom of a bottle.  Thus he was just laying there wondering if anything interesting will happen.  He would not have to wait long though, as  Qrows force field starts flickering in and out.

Qrow: The hell?

This keeps up until the force field completely disappears.  Confused Qrow sticks out one of his arms out just to be sure and indeed his force field has seemingly failed.

Qrow: Well all be damned.

Out of nowhere, alarms start BLARING out of the loudspeakers, this is more than enough to wake up the other three prisoners.

Maria: Ugh hit the snooze.

Oscar: *Groggy* Q-Qrow...!

Y/n: *Groggy* H-How you're out of your cell? 

He immediately realizes what is going on.

Y/n: YOU ARE OUT OF CELL HOW!? 

Qrow: *Confused* I don't

 Now the blaring alarms with a robotic monotone voice, and it said the following:

WARNING FORCE FIELD MALFUNCTION IN CELL A-2 ALL STAFF TO THE CELL BLOCKS.

The sound of quick militaristic footsteps approach.

Oscar: You got to go!

Y/n: Wait, something doesn't seem right!

Qrow was torn, on one hand, getting out of here and finding Ruby and the others would help in increasing their names, but this all seemed too good to be true, but if it was he might not have another chance at this.  

With the footsteps getting louder he has to make a choice NOW.

Qrow: I'll come back for you all I promise!

He bolts it like a bat out of hell, just as the Oscorp troops arrive.

All of this is being watched by Fisk via his security cameras.

He smiles and picks up his phone and dials a number.

Fisk: The bird has flown the coup, be ready, I'll lead him to you.

Back to the runaway fugitive, Qrow is running like a rat in a maze of corridors full of sharp turns and is confronted by troops who block off every exit he comes across.

Oscorp Trooper 1:  There he is!

Oscorp Trooper 2: Blast him!

The fire at him but Qrow manages to dodge them and turn the next corner, what the old hunter didn't seem to realize however was that the troopers were shooting at his feet, and not at his body as if they were more focused on keeping him away from the exit than taking him back into custody. 

This process repeats a few more times and this points Qrow to the parking garage, seeing no other options he enters expecting a massive platoon he would need to avoid but to his surprise finding no guards no trooper, just one man, who was steering him down with his yellow eyes.

Qrow: Who the hell are you!?

Taskmaster: Someone who is being paid a lot of money to deliver a message.

Qrow quickly relizes what is happining.

Qrow: Well, shall we just get on with it then.

He says nothing, instead, he tosses Qrows compact weapons at his feet.