Chapter 13

Recap:

"So, Beatrice Prior, will you marry me?"

+++

"Yes, of course, I will!" I say, smiling.

He smiles and slips the ring on my finger, gets up and kisses me. 

After he kisses me, I take a few seconds to look at the ring. It has black diamonds that lead up to a big diamond that is silver. The band is silver as well. It is absolutely beautiful. 

"Thank you." I tell him. 

"Do you like it?" 

"Of course." 

"You know, I had to get that ring with Christina. It was torture." I laugh. 

"I know what you mean, shopping with her is torture." we both laugh. 

After a little while, we head home. When we get to our house, I go change and then he does as well. 

We sit on the couch and cuddle together. I hear a noise in the hallway and I start to freak out. 

Even though I have been getting better, even the slightest noises scare me. I hate being so scared and vulerable, but Tobias told me that it isn't my fault, and that what happened was traumatic.

The noise seems to be getting closer, and I hear my heartbeat, gradually getting louder and louder. 

Tobias doesn't seem to hear anything, and is looking at me funny, trying to figure out why I am so freaked out right now. 

"Tris, what's wrong?" he asks, worry dripping from his voice. 

"You don't hear that?" he shakes his head. "It is getting closer." 

"Tris, maybe we should go to sleep." he says and then someone knocks on the door. 

I scream and Tobias looks at me like I am crazy. He gets up to answer the door and I loose it. 

"Four stop! Don't open the door." I scream at him, using his nickname to get his attention, it worked. 

"Tris, stop freaking out. It is just someone at the door." 

"No! It could be someone else!" 

He just opens it and I can't take it anymore. I scream and run to the bedroom and sit down and cry. I honestly don't know why I am so scared. It was just someone at the door. 

A few seconds later, Tobias comes in and is freaked out by me crying, well why I am crying. 

"Tris what is wrong?" I just shake my head. He comes over and takes me into his arms. "Tell me." 

"Why am I so scared of that now? Just you answering the door freaks me out now. What is wrong with me?" I ask him, buring my head in his chest. 

"You were kidnapped, beaten, and who knows what else. It is going to take some time." 

"But it has been like 8 months. Why haven't I got gotten better?" 

"I don't know Tris. But I do know that you will be fine." 

I keep my head buried in his chest, making a tear stain in his shirt. 

"Tris, even if you don't believe me, you will be fine. Just try to ignore, I know that it is hard, but you can do it. Pour yourself into planning the wedding." 

I nod and soon the darkness comes and I fall asleep in his arms, on the floor. 

+++

Hey guys! I know that some of you may be wondering why I am making Tris seem weak. Well everyone is human and has feelings. 

Even mean people, well maybe not Marcus, but I think that Tris should show some emotion in her life, and not keep it bottled up. I mean even Tobias shows some emotion during the Divergent series. 

So please don't be mad at me if you think that I am making her look weak. I really don't think that she is weak, but she is human and I think that she should show emotions, even if she is fictional.

In other news, I am going to see Insurgent with my sister-in-law on MARCH 19!!!!! I am so excited, and I can't wait! We were originally going to see it on the 20th, when it really comes out, but we got the tickets for the day BEFORE!!! I am really excited. 

Also, this story is sort of becoming popular already, and you guys are amazing for voting, but please comment more and let me know if I am doing a good job or a terrible job. Also, please tell your friends about this story too! 

Comment and Vote

~Kelsi