Chapter 30

I wake up to Briella running around the house. I sigh because I was sleeping really good.

Tobias was right and I shouldn't have been a jerk to him about the therapy thing. Everything that is happening is ruining all of my relationships. I get up and go to the bathroom. I fix my hair a little and then walk downstairs. 

Briella is running around the house like a crazy person and Tobias is on the phone, looking irritated. 

"Look Caleb, I understand, but she is getting worse and, Briella! Please stop running. Your mom is trying to sleep." she stops and he goes back to talking to Caleb. "I made her see someone because I am running out of options. I wish that she would just open up to me." tears come to my eyes when I realize that I have been shutting him out. 

He pauses while Caleb says something and then irritation comes over his face, well more irritation. "She is your sister! And you can't even be bothered to come over here to talk to her?" he puts him on speaker and picks up Briella, bringing her in the kitchen. 

"Look, she is your problem now. I have my own life. This was a one time thing, me talking to her I mean. And it was only because of our parents. Now please stop calling me." 

"Fine, whatever. You know what, when I tell this to Tris, you better be expecting a beating from her." 

"You won't tell her." 

Tobias narrows his eyes. "Oh really? And why is that?" 

"Because she is already depressed and you wouldn't want to add more depression to her." he sighs and I step forward. 

"He is right Caleb. He doesn't have to tell me. I heard everything. Don't ever talk to me again." I hang up and Tobias looks at me. 

"I am sorry Tris, for everything. What I said was out of line and I am sorry about making you go see Johanna." I sigh and walk into his arms. 

"No it really helped me and what you said was true." he rubs circles on my back and I lean into his touch. 

We pull back and I look at Briella. She is bleeding. I sigh. 

"Briella, what happened?" 

"I was running and I fell down and scraped my knee." 

"You aren't supposed to be running in the house." 

"I know. I sorry." I smile at her and hug her. 

Tobias gets a warm wash cloth and wipes off her knee and then puts a bandaid on it. 

Once he finishes, he puts her on the ground and she runs away, again. I laugh and Tobias pulls me to him. 

"We are going to be okay." I nod and we go into the living room. 

+++

Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi