Chapter 32

When I wake up the next day, I feel terrible. Especially after I throw up like normal. Tobias and I got home kind of late last night. When we got to the compound, we sat in the car and talked for a really long time about my feelings, even though I do that during therepay. He told me that he wanted to know what I think most of the time. 

After we had talked a long time, we came back to the apartment and went to bed. If you are wondering where Briella was, she was at the apartment the whole time, asleep. 

This morning, after I throw up, I have a terrible headache, probably from crying so much and throwing up. I threw up a lot more than usual this morning. 

Anyways, after I finish throwing up, I take a quick shower and then pull on some yoga pants and one of Tobias's sweatshirts. I pull my hair into a messy bun and then walk downstairs. 

Tobias has to go to work today. Emma, Christina's daughter, is going to come over and spend the night with Briella today and is coming over early today and is going to be here all day and night. Emma is Briella's best friend, so they are usually at each others houses. 

Tobias treats Emma like one of his own. Even though when we all first came to Dauntless, he couldn't stand Christina, he sort of thinks of her as a sister, just like he does with Lynn, Marlene and Shauna. I am kind of happy about that too because it really sucks when your husband hates your best friend. Anyways though, he loves Emma just like a daughter and always treats her and Briella like a princess. He does that with all of the kids, even the boys just not by treating them like princesses because that would be really weird!

Anyways, Tobias already left for work and Briella is still asleep, so I am alone for a while. I walk into the kitchen and start some coffee and then go sit down in the living room, turning on the TV. I know that it seems really weird, but I love the show Pretty Little Liars. I know because I am in like my 20's with a 5 year old daughter, it is really weird. But I just love the show. That is what I am watching now. 

When my coffee is ready, I walk in and put it in a cup and then grab a granola bar and walk back into living room. Today I have to go to therepay, Tobias is making me, so Christina is going to stay here while I go later. 

After about 2 more hours, I hear Briella's door open and then little footsteps come down the stairs. When she gets off of the stairs, she walks over to me and gets in my lap, curling up in a ball. Her hair is really messy and she looks tired, just like she always does when she wakes up. 

"Morning mommy." 

"Good morning baby." I tell her and she smiles at me. 

A little while later, she sits up next to me and then gets off the couch and walks into the kitchen, me following her. I get her a granola bar and then take her upstairs with me to get her dressed for the day. 

I pick out some jeans and a long sleeved shirt for her. She helps me help her get dressed and then I comb her hair. 

Once she is completely ready for the day, I go to my room and set her on the bed so that she can watch TV in my bed while I change into some better clothes for therepay. I pull on some jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. 

I strap on my combat boots and then the doorbell rings. Briella runs downstairs to get it and I follow her at my own speed. Automatically, Briella screams in excitement and Emma screams too. Yeah, our daughters are weird. 

When I get downstairs, I see Christina and Emma. 

"Hey girl." Christina says and I smile.

"Hey." I tell her back. We aren't as close as we used to be, due to how I have been depressed. I'm really not all that close to any of my friends anymore. Let's just say, depression can be dangerous. I said so many mean things to all of them, even if I didn't mean it.