Chapter 18

We pull away and everyone erupts into applause. My parents have tears in their eyes and I have tears on my face from the speeches. 

Tobias looks at me and smiles, he also has some tears, he actually cried during my speech. Crazy!

We grab each others hand and walk out of the isle and into the hallway, waiting for everyone to get into the dining hall before we go in. 

"I love you so much, Mrs. Eaton." I smile at that name. 

"I love you the same, Mr. Eaton." He smiles and we laugh. 

"You gave the best speech out of both of us." I roll my eyes. 

"Yours was the best." he looks at me smiling and then sweeps me off of my feet and kisses me. 

I scream and laugh at the same time because he scared me to death but it was funny. 

"I seriously can't believe that you are mine. How did I get so lucky?" he says to me and I roll my eyes. 

"I could say the same about you." he laughs and we kiss again, after he put me back on my feet.

+++

Rice gets thrown at us as we walk into the dining hall and I laugh. Tobias looks at me and smiles at me. 

"You have such a cute laugh." he whispers in my ear and I blush. 

"Please direct your attention to the dance floor as the bride and groom has their first dance." the DJ says and we walk toward the dance floor. 

Tobias picked the song and I have no idea what it is. My face lights up when the song 'I Won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz comes on. Our first dance together, in my apartment, was this song. 

I smile at him and he smiles back, wrapping is arms around my waist, I wrap mine around his neck and look him in the eye.

"We did it." I say and he smiles.

"Yeah I guess we did. To be honest, I thought I was going to forget my words or something." he says and I laugh. 

"Good thing you didn't." 

"Yeah." he says and I smile. 

We kiss and the room erupts into applause again. I smile. 

+++

"It is time for the bride to dance with her father and the groom to dance with his mother." 

I look at Tobias and he smiles at me and tells me to go. I walk over to my dad and see my mom go over to Tobias and then they dance together, I smile. 

This is really not Abnegation like for my parents. 

"You seem so happy." my dad says and I smile. 

"I am. Thank you for coming and stepping out of the Abnegation style for a little while." I say and he laughs. 

"Well we had to take some pictures with our daughter. I can't believe how mature you have become and that you are married. I love you and I am glad that you found happiness." 

"Thank you daddy." I say and he smiles at me.

After the dances, we all go sit down and wait for the best man and maid of honor to give their speeches. 

"Your mom is a really good dancer." he says and I laugh.

"Yeah I know." 

"Will the best man please come up and give his speech?" Zeke walks up their and takes the microphone and starts.

"Well, Four, you didn't tell me there was a speech." he starts and we all laugh. "Anyways, Four, when I first met you, you were a mess. You were so quiet and guarded, I thought that I was never going to get you to talk to me. I am glad that I became your best friend because I would have had a boring life after initiation. As I was putting this speech together a few minutes ago, I was thinking of all of the good times. We had so many and I hope that you know that even though I am your best friend, Tris is your new best friend. You guys will have so many times and memories together. Even though I am giving up this spot, I know that I am giving it away to someone as special as Tris is. Good luck to the both of you." he says and we both smile at him. For Zeke, that was pretty good.

Christina goes up next. 

"Tris, when I first met you on that train, I thought that you were crazy. You were from Abnegation, one who never would think of jumping onto a moving train. But as I got to know you, I figured out that you weren't Abnegation at all, instead you really are Dauntless. I mean, you got first place. I know that I drive you crazy whenever I am around you, especially when we go shopping, but I am glad that we are friends. What Zeke said was true, you have a new best friend and like he said, I know that Four will be a good best friend. I hope that you both have a wonderful life together, and I know that I can't wait to see those beautiful kids that you guys will have, when the time comes. I love you Tris and I am glad that you got married to someone as special as Four." she says and I smile. That was an amazing speech. 

'I love you too.' I mouth to her. 

Next, it is time for cake. Of course, we have Dauntless cake. We have to feed it to each other, this should be fun. 

I get a fork and get some, Tobias does the same, and we cross arms and try to eat it. It is really hard because he is taller than me and I can't get the cake. 

We finally get it in our mouths and we smile at each other. The people pass out the cake and we go sit back down, with our cake, of course. 

After a while of eating cake and dancing more, it is time to throw the bouquet. Everyone gathers around and I throw. 

Shauna gets it and I smile. 

Tobias and I grab each others hand and we walk out of there with everyone following us. 

When we get to our apartment, he picks me up bridal style and walks over the threshold and shuts the door. 

I couldn't ask for anything more than what I got today. 

+++

I also love this chapter. I kind of threw in the traditional marriage reception details. 

Anyways, let me know what you think. 

COMMENT and Vote 

~Kelsi