Chapter 24

The next few days fly by. I have been really upset about my parents' cancer and I went to their doctor to see if there was anything that they could do, and my parents were right, try are going to die.

The doctor told me that they don't have very much longer and that try could die any day now.

Tobias has been really supportive, he holds me at night when I have lots of time to think, takes care of Briella when I can't, cooks dinner for me and much much more.

I try not to cry a lot, especially in front of Briella, but it is hard. Tobias doesn't really understand because he had crappy parents, but my parents were good. I mean, everything that is wrong with my life, I go to my mother for. When I need parenting advice, relationship advice, big decisions, everything, I go to my mom. I don't know how I will survive without her or my dad.

I have also have been spending lots of time with them. I go almost everyday and bring Briella as well since she won't see them ever again.

+++

I am woken up by my phone ringing in the middle of the night. I groan and grab it, answering it.

"Is this Beatrice Eaton?" A voice asks.

"Yes." By now, Tobias has turned on the lamp next to our bed and is sitting up.

"I am sorry to tell you, but your parents died a few minutes ago. The cancer got to far and your dad had a heart attack, and your mom had a stroke. Your brother was with them and called us. I am so sorry for your loss."

"Th thank you for calling." I hang up, slowly, and the tears fall.

My parents are gone.

"Tris, what's wrong?" Tobias says, suddenly alert. 

"My...My parents are gone. They died tonight." I barley get it out of my mouth before I break down. 

Tobias takes me into his arms and I cry into his chest. 

"What am I going to tell Bree? I am barley keeping it together now and she loved them as much as I did?" 

"Don't worry about her right now okay? I will take care of her and tell her, okay?" 

I nod against his chest, still crying. I hate being so vulerable, but my parents died, I should at least get a break from being strong.

A few minutes later, Briella starts to cry. Tobias looks at me and I sigh. 

"I will go get her." he says, getting up. "Do you want me to tell her?" 

I shake my head. "We will tell her when we wake up again, together." he nods and walks out of the room. 

When he leaves the room, I wipe my eyes and lay back down. A few minutes later, he comes back in with Briella, laying her head on his shoulder. 

"She had a nightmare and wants to come sleep with us." he says and I nod. 

She reaches out for me and Tobias hands her to me. 

"What was your nightmare about baby girl?" I ask her. 

"Grandmommy and grandpoppy. They died and you were really sad. Can we see them later?" I look at Tobias and he nods. 

"Sweetie, we can't go see them. Your dream wasn't just a dream, it was real sweetie. Grandma and grandpa are gone." she stares at me, not believing me. 

"No, I saw them yesterday, they can't be gone." 

Tears run down my face when I see the tears run down her face when she realizes that it is true.

"Mommy, why are they gone? What did they do?" she says, burying her face in my shoulder. 

Tobias looks at me and takes her into his arms, trying to calm her down. I walk into the bathroom and lock the door. I sink down to the floor, letting the tears fall. 

I hear Tobias talking to Briella. "Princess, your mom is going to be going through a hard time these next few weeks, okay? I know that you are upset, just like me and your mom, but you should love mommy and try to distract her a little okay? Also be good for her, help her around the house and everything else. She is going to be distant for a while, but she loves you okay?" 

"Yes daddy." I hear her say and more tear fall down my face. 

I love my little girl but I don't know how I am going to handle her these next few day while I am going through this. 

My parents have told me what they want for their funerals, so I am going to have to get that prepared, and I know that I am eventually going to have to talk to Caleb. 

How am I going to get through this? 

+++

When I wake up again, I have Briella in my arms, and we are both in Tobias' arms. 

The events of the middle of the night comes rushing back and tears come to my eyes. I push them back and close my eyes again. 

Today I am going to have to talk to Caleb and start the funeral arrangements. We get to see them today and I really don't know if I am really ready. Tobias said that he would come with me if I wanted him to, and I really do. 

I sit up, waking up Tobias and Briella in the process. 

"Mommy?" my angel asks.

"What baby girl?" 

"Can we make cookies?" I smile at her, she is listening to her daddy.

"Sure baby girl." 

She smiles in response. 

"Daddy?" 

"Yes princess?" 

"Can you help us." 

He smiles at her. 

"Of course I can." I smile at him and then look back at my daughter. 

"Let's go get you cleaned up, my little angel, and then we can make some cookies." I say and she squeals in excitment. 

I laugh and then put her on the floor and she runs out of the room to her room. 

I smile a little and then turn to Tobias. He smiles at me. 

"I am going to call Christina and ask if they can watch Bree and then we will go when you are ready to go see your parents. I love you Tris and I am really sorry." He pulls me into a hug and I nod at him. 

"Caleb is also coming over so that we can plan the funeral. I want to do that quickly though so that it doesn't get even worse for me. Do we have the money for it?" 

"Tris, don't worry about the money. We have some in savings and it will be fine. Also, I am going to call Max and ask for some days off, okay? Everything will be fine." 

I nod and then get up to go help Briella get ready for the day. 

"Tris?" I turn around. "You may not want to believe it now, but things will get better.Briella and I love you and so did your parents." I nod.

"I love you too."

I leave the room and then walk into Briella's bedroom, where she is trying, failing, to get dressed by herself.

"Oh baby." I say laughing and then walking into the room to help her. 

I pick out some clothes for her that I don't care if they get dirty, black shorts and a black tank top. 

After I finish getting her dressed, I let her go downstairs while I go get changed. 

When I walk back downstairs, I find Tobias and Briella waiting for me in the kitchen. 

"Let's make some cookies!"

+++

Sorry for the sad chapter. It will be somewhat sad for the next few chapters, sorry. :(

Anyways, let me know what you think. 

Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi