Chapter 25

They look at me and I smile at them. I walk over to them and get a bowl to start mixing in and we start to make the chocolate chip cookies. 

+++

We have been making cookies for the past two hours. When I get the last batch of cookies out of the oven, I set them on the stove and then pick up my girl and take her upstairs to get her cleaned up. We, of course, had a cookie dough fight. 

I have to say, they really took my mind off of things for a little while. It is still hard though. 

After I clean her up and change her again, I go take a shower and get changed before Caleb gets here. 

He tells me that he is married with two kids now. I want to feel happy for him, but I just can't forget what happened the last time that I visited with him. 

I pull my hair in a messy bun and the bell rings. I sigh and walk downstairs. Caleb stands there with his little family. He is holding his youngest daughter and his wife is holding the other daughter. 

"Hello Beatrice." he says. 

"Hello Caleb. Come on in. I will warn you Bree will probably try to tackle you in a hug." I say, laughing. 

Briella has met Caleb before and loves him to death. The times that she met him was when we were visiting my parents, of course, this is the very first time that I met his wife and kids though.

He hands his daughter to me and she immediatley smiles. 

"You're my auntie Bea." she says and I laugh. She obviously knows who I am. 

Briella comes downstairs with Tobias and, like I said, she ran to Caleb and tried to tackle him.

"Uncle Caweb!!" she yells and I laugh at how she said his name. 

He laughs and picks her up, hugging her tight. 

He sets her down for a minute and I hand back his daughter. 

"Tris, this is Kylie, my wife, and Brianna," he says pointing to the one that was just in my arms, "and Kayla." he says pointing to the other one. 

I smile. "Nice to meet you Kylie, and it is nice to meet my neices." 

"Tris, I am sorry for the way that I treated you. I really am and I regret it every day. Please forgive me." he says and I nod, wrapping my arms around him. 

"I love you little sis." I laugh at that. 

"I love you too big brother." 

After that we all sit down and catch up for a little while before Tobias and Kylie take the kids up to the playroom and Caleb and I start to talk about the funeral arrangements. 

"Today Tobias and I are going to go see their bodies. I can't believe that they are really gone." I say, tears coming again. 

Caleb comes over and wraps his arms around me. 

"I can't either. It has been hard ever since I found out about it. We haven't told the kids yet because they loved them so much and it is going to be hard to tell them." 

"Yeah when we told Bree, it was really hard." 

"I'm sorry." 

"Yeah." 

+++

After a little while, Caleb leaves and Tobias and I get ready to go see my parents. 

On our way, we drop Briella off at Christina's house and she hugs me and whispers soothing words in my ears. 

We leave their house and head to the morgue. I am really nervous about this. 

When we get to the place, they lead us to their bodies. Tobias holds my hand and squeezes it a little.

We walk in and the doctors leave us alone. I see the white sheets covering two bodies and I take a deep breath.

Tobias moves the sheet off a little, and my pale, dead mom comes into view. I loose it and start crying. I reach down and grab my mom's hand and beg for her to wake up. Tobias stands behind me, rubbing my back. 

"MOM! Please wake up!" I beg, but she doesn't. 

Tobias pulls the sheets up over my mom and then we go to my dad. I don't know if I can do this one. 

When he pulls the sheet off, my pale, dead, lifeless dad comes up and I was right, I can't handle it. I collapse in Tobias's arms and he holds me while I cry into his chest. 

After a few minutes, I look back at my father and cry into his chest, pretending that he was holding me. 

I beg for him to wake up too, but he doesn't and I know that he won't. 

After that, Tobias pulls the sheet back up and holds me again. 

We leave the morgue and I call Christina, asking if she can watch Briella for a little longer. She, of course, accepts and we head home. 

When we get home, Tobias pulls me back into my arms, and I let the tears fall. 

"The funeral will be this Saturday. I don't know how I am going to survive it." I say and he just holds me to him.

+++

A few hours later, Tobias goes to get Briella and when they get back, we all go to bed.

+++

 Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi