𝙎𝙁𝙒 ☾︎ ХᏆᎪϴ ☾︎ 𝑰 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖

:ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ᴀᴜ

"How many times have I told you to not beat the shit out of people?" You reprimanded the young man, carefully applying bandages on his bruised knuckles.

He didn't bother to bark back at you and remained silent. His golden eyes eagerly looking at you, his brows furrowed in displeasure and puffing out a sigh. Not even giving the slightest care about his injuries.

"I don't fight back without a reason." He retorted, he rolled his eyes and slouched on the bench the two of you were sitting on.

"Then what's the reason, Xiao?"

"It's..."

"It's?"

"Nothing."

You glared at him, squinting your eyes but it still cannot beat how cold his stare was. Leaves falling down from the tree, gently landing on his head. The evergreen hue of it, perfectly matching his hair. You can't help but brush it off him and both your eyes staring at each other. You know for sure, that you're still kinda annoyed at him but you can't help to leave a brief smile.

"You're too precious." He suddenly blurted out, visisble blush forming on his cheeks. He turned to look away and his eyes suddenly studied the children playing on the open space to divert his attention.

"I'm what, Xiao?" You chuckled and teasingly looked at him. "I didn't quite catch that."

He mumbled something to himself and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Rummaging through his hair and placing his hands back to his lap.

"So you're really not telling me why you got into that fight?" You asked sternly, placing your chin on your palm. Staring at his raven-colored jacket that even has his father's name on it.

He ignored your question once again. Thumbing his bruised lip.

"Do you want me to tell your daddy about this?" You gathered the strength to ask this question to him, trying not to laugh at the process.

"My what?" His alluring eyes widened at your taunt.

"Mr. Zhongli? Father? Our history teacher? Rings a bell?" You puffed up your cheeks and can't help release indescribable sounds from your hidden laughter that is going to burst any minute.

"Don't you dare tell him what has happened to me. Besides he got nothing to do with it, I don't want to add to his burden. Especially that the new teacher has been bugging him ever since he transferred to this school." He replied with an exasperated expression.

"Come on, Xiao. You'll never be a burden." You stated in a comforting manner. He turned to look at you, studying your eyes.

"But come on, just tell me why did you fight with those people? You know, as your friend, I don't want you getting hurt." Bringing your hand to his shoulder and smiling at him brightly. "You fight for a reason, right? Can I know what specific reason is that?" You added, this time gently squeezing his shoulder to assure him.

"You." He shortly answered.

"Me?"

"...Y-you're the reason."

"What?"

"No, don't let me repeat myself. I can't-"

You bursted out laughing, catching him off guard. He sat there astonished and flustered at the same time. He never wanted to tell you the reason because he knew you'll be acting this way.

"For me? What did they do?" You asked, your words shaking from laughing too much. Wiping a tear from the corner of your eye.

"Those bastards were talking shit about you. I-I just can't help it, for I know you're no way in hell like the rumors they are spreading." Xiao stammered and fumed with anger as he reminisced the moments he had with those people he had a fight with. His hands turning into fists and his jaw clenched.

"If you knew that none of their words are true, then why bother wasting your energy on them?" You asked, composing yourself and sincerely looking at him. "People like that have the courage to look down to a person who is weaker than them. But does that benefit them in anyway? No, right?"

Xiao's lips were pressed unto a thin line. His anger partially subduing and his side profile immensely beautiful.

He nodded slightly, locking his eyes with yours, his lips forming a small smile.

"Look at you, injured and bruised up over a useless matter." You reprimanded him again, heaving out a sharp breath. "Remember, Xiao I don't give a flying fuck of what other people say of me. Okay?"

Xiao chuckled and rested his back against the bench. His hand slightly brushing off against yours, which made your skin tingle.

"You're one of the strongest person I know, for sure. But beating the shit out of them made my chest a little bit lighter." He commented, with a bright twinkle in his eye. His head tilted heaven wards, looking up at the wondrous sea of clouds, the pinkish hue and vibrant orange mixing perfectly well. This spot you two were sitting on, was where both of you would usually hang out. It just has everything. Peace, tranquility and just two friends. Or are you really just friends?

"Xiao, that is not very nice of you."

"When did I become nice, Y/N?"

You rolled your eyes and mimicked his position.

"When are we gonna stay like this?"
You asked, not minding to look at him.

"Whenever you feel like it." He replied back, you felt a warm sensation on top of your hand. You glance to look at it as his hand resting atop yours.

"Is this alright?" He asked, still staring at the horizon. But you can see the tip of his ears turning to pink.

"What are you so shy about?" You asked, giggling afterwards. You straight up looked at him with a teasing smile on.

"Nothing."

"Then if I..." You reached for his opposite cheek, brushing off the hair covering his face and gently made his head lean over your shoulder. "...do this, is it alright?"

You can't see his expression clearly but it is quite evident that he is enjoying it.

He remained silent, his tensed up shoulders relaxed and gave in to your touch.

He may be hot-headed sometimes, but he's such a very precious boy. He may have a traumatic past but he's willing to push it aside for you. He sometimes wonder how he can be accepted by you, despite what he did before.

But as they say, reminisce the past but never make it affect you, for what is done is done. Enjoy the present and build a future that you will be proud of.

The wind sang and it gently blew your hair. Meanwhile, Xiao's eyes fluttered shut and he slowly began to drift to sleep, your shoulder as his source of comfort. He clung on your arm as if he's never letting you go.

How cute.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Halo halo my readerss, hope u guys enjoyed cute xiao HAHAHA
Made my heart melt
As always thanks for readinggg💓