𝙎𝙁𝙒 ☾︎ ᏦᎪᏃႮᎻᎪ ☾︎ 𝑪𝒖𝒅𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔

The azure light poured out of your circular window, as the wind crashed against the thin glass creating a soft thump. You gently glided your hands against your hair, untangling the ends of it and gazing upon the delicate and serene view of the ocean.

The scent of chamomile tea infiltrated the whole room, the subtle heat transferring to your hands as you continue to envelop it in between your touch. They say tea does calm the busy mind from thinking impossible thoughts, getting clouded with anxiety and sudden intrusive thoughts.

You heaved a breathy sigh as you fidgeted with the maple leaf that your dearest Kazuha left for you. It almost withered when you softly placed it in the palm of your hand. That single leaf played a hugely significant symbol for the two of you. You met each other, underneath the huge maple tree in the forests of Inazuma.

He recited his poems and in exchange, you lend your ears to listen.

Now, you're worried and irritated at the same time. Where could he possibly be at this hour? It wasn't likely for the both of you to quarrel, he always compromised and understood you. But this time, you thought it was only right to cool off just for a second. Kazuha didn't show up for the rest of the day even until when the sunset. Now the moon has risen above the dark and gloomy skies and yet he hasn't returned.

You began to walk towards your shared bed and huffed out, thinking of the possible places he could've gone to. Your body bounced on the soft mattress as you kept on shifting to your sides, the uneasy feeling of him not being beside you was getting out of hand. You would rather go out and find him in the middle of the night but that sounded so reckless and dangerous.

He is a refined and skillful swordsman hence there is a low chance of him getting maltreated or in danger, but what if he was ganged up? It would be all your fault if he became wounded and injured, you did want to clear your head from anger but it didn't necessarily mean he would need to be out of the house the whole day.

"That's it. I'll try and ask Beidou if she saw Kazuha, I hope she's still awake."

You approached the front door and abruptly turned the knob, as you opened the wooden door, a familiar young man stood in front of you. His cheeks flustered, his silky hair unraveled, and you could hear his sudden hiccups.

"Kazuha? What were you doing outside, how long have you been standing there?" You asked out of pure worry. You examined his face and he looked like he was trying his hardest to remain in a proper stance.

"I've been... Alright. I'm gonna..." Kazuha can't even form a full sentence without drooling over his words and getting interrupted by his hiccups.

"Are you drunk, Kazuha? What happened?" You pulled him in by his hand and closed the door behind you, he snickered all of a sudden and ended with another hiccup. 

He then dragged his bandaged hand across your face and rested his thumb on your lips. "No, no, hehe who's drunk? Tell Beidou I-I still need more rum."

Ah, so he was with Beidou, drinking.

You can't help but exhale a relaxed sigh, at least he was safe, luckily he made it home in one piece.

You held Kazuha's hand and let him sit on the edge of the bed, he stared at your busy state, preparing a wet cloth to wipe his face.

You turned your back on him to get some clean and fresh clothes for him to change into. But then you felt two arms wrap around your waist followed by soft sobs. "Kazuha?"

"I am so so sorry, Y/N. It's all my fault, p-please don't be mad at me anymore, I can't afford to lose y-you." Your shoulder became tainted by Kazuha's tears and his hug tightened around your waist. "I-I'm so sorry, I'll do anything, please don't be m-mad." He continued to bury his face in your shoulder and his hiccups were still heard.

You secretly chuckled and turned to look at his poor state. "Kazuha, look, I'm not mad anymore. I was also at fault here so please don't blame yourself." You rarely see Kazuha cry or even express this much emotion, he was constantly composed, carefree, and frequently pondering about the deeper meaning of things.

He nodded and composed himself, he still had the lingering scent of alcohol on him.

After changing and finally settling down in the comfort of your bed, you pulled the sheets up until they reached your shoulders.

You faced to your side meanwhile your back was facing Kazuha, still uncertain whether he has already fallen asleep or just blinking into the bland ceiling. There was a veil of comfortable silence placed above you.
Unsynchronized breathings, the faint chatter of crickets, and the hustling of the nearby ocean.

Just as you were about to let your unconsciousness take over, you felt a gentle pat on the top of your head, followed by a feather-like stroke on your spine. "Are you asleep now, Y/N?" Kazuha's voice was low and it was quite evident that he was slowly becoming sober. "Beidou said to pat the head of your loved one when they feel sad or mad that's why I'm doing this."

"I'm not sad nor mad, Kazuha." You responded, your gaze not leaving the white flowers on the cyan blue vase placed on top of your nightstand.

He inched towards you and felt an arm snake around your waist, pulling you in, pulling you closer to him. "Then why aren't you facing me, like how we used to sleep?"

You sighed as a response and Kazuha spooned you in, his hand that was formerly on your waist, tried to reach your hand that was resting on your pillow. Successfully reaching it, he caressed it and intertwined it with his.

"As the sun rises,
And the dark sky diminishes.
I open my eyes to see
You by my side will always be.

Hand in hand,
I'll continue to stand.
I'm yours forever,
Until the last maple leaf wither."

Just how fast this man thought of poems is astounding, you smiled secretly and you gazed at your intertwined hands. Brought it closer to your face and planted a sweet kiss on the back of Kazuha's palm.

You heard him chuckle and in return, he kissed your hair. You faced him afterward and were greeted by his scarlet eyes, beaming happily. "I'm not mad anymore, Kazuha. Just don't get yourself in danger again, please."

"Yes, of course, I'm sorry about that. Never again. I don't want to lose you and I know it would be equally hurtful for me to... pass away and let you carry the burden of having someone you deeply care about be non-existent in the face of the world." Kazuha rested his chin on top of your head and held you close to his chest, you could hear his calm and relaxed heartbeat.

"I don't want to lose you either, I'm sorry too for being too temperamental."

He sighed and smiled warmly, kissing your forehead and caressing your back. "The head patting does work, doesn't it," Kazuha laughed, and his heart gladly jumped to the fact that the two of you finally came into good terms once again.

"I love you to the moon and back."