4

LIAR

Taehyung locked eyes with the new boy, who smirked walking towards their table. He gulped, fuck.

"He's looking at us," Jimin mumbled confused and Taehyung shrunk into his seat. Hoseok couldn't believe his eyes when the new boy stopped in front of their table, pointing to an empty seat next to Taehyung. "Care if I sit there?"

It's the same voice, same black hair, same eyebrow piercing and how could Taehyung ever forget the stomping of the heavy black boots?

"Why not?" said Yoongi, who tightened his hold on Jimin lightly and in a protective manner.

The new kid nodded and sat down next to Taehyung, who kept his eyes rooted to his food now, while being well aware of the fact that the stranger was staring at him. It's the same boy who stared at him in the café-shop. The same feeling.

"What's your name, Beautiful?" Taehyung froze hearing the boy ask him that and he put the food down, still not looking up. "My name is 'taken' and yours?"

"Don't be like that, Tae. He probably just wants to be friends," said a new voice and everyone looked up to see the two oldests of their friend group- Seokjin and Namjoon. "Yeah, he's right. What's your name?" Namjoon asked, sitting in front of the new boy, his boyfriend Jin taking the place next to him.

"Jeongguk." The rumble of the new boy's voice made Taehyung shiver lightly.

Jeongguk.

Even his name is hot, what the hell?

"I'm Namjoon, this is my boyfriend Jin, that's Yoongi and his boyfriend Jimin, that's Hoseok and next to you is-

"Don't tell him," Taehyung interrupted his hyung and everyone looked at him confused. Not Jeongguk. He just smiled amused.

"Pleasure to meet you," Jeongguk said, looking through the round, his eyes stopping at Taehyung again. "Nice to meet you again, stranger."

Taehyung still didn't glance up, but he knew that the new kid was talking to him. He was the one sitting the closest to him and the way he lowered the volume of his voice was proof enough.

He didn't answer.

"Hey Jeongguk, why'd you switch school?" Seokjin asked, snatching a fry from Hoseok who tried not whine about it.

Jeongguk shrugged. "No deep reason," was his only answer. Taehyung hated that he was there. Even though they don't know each other, the way he saw through Taehyung on their first meeting creeps him out.

Not even his friends see the way he was being forced into a relationship with Minhyun.

"Excuse me.." Taehyung said quietly, pushing his chair back, "I'm going to the restroom, I'll be right back," he informed.

He felt Jeongguk's eyes on him when he got up and walked out of the cafeteria.

Taehyung didn't quiet know why he left, who is Jeongguk? No one. Exactly. So why does it bother him so much that the same guy he met a few days ago is there? It shouldn't. And it doesn't.

Taehyung sighed when he entered the bathroom, quickly did his business and walked to the sink to wash his hands, looking up to the mirror. Back at him stared the same dead-looking person that he sees everyday in his reflection. Himself.

He knows, it's not healthy to have this much lack of sleep, but he just can't fight it. He just can't fall asleep without having thoughts bothering him.

He washed his hands, expression dead. An expression that has been gracing his features constantly since the past week. He wasn't happy. He didn't smile for what feels like forever, even though he was someone that enjoys even the littlest things.

Taehyung shook the water off his hands and then grabbed paper towels to dry them off, dumping them into the trash can.

He would rather spent his whole recess here alone in the bathroom, where he has his peace, than go to a room filled with people who he mostly loathed. Excluded his friends of course.

Minhyun is definitely included though.

It wasn't only Taehyung's feelings that stopped for Minhyun. It was his whole heart, it beginning to hate the older male he still has to call his boyfriend if someone were to ask.

Taehyung walked along the corridor, looking down, students passing and giving him no mind, just like how he prefers it. Until someone stopped right in front of him. He looked up, wishing he didn't when he met Jeongguk's eyes.

"What do you want?" Taehyung asked, Jeongguk tilted his head, the same way he did in the café. "Are you alright?" Same question.

Same answer. "I'm fine."

"You don't seem so," the black haired retorted and Taehyung scoffed. "I was fine, until is saw you." He crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for a reaction of Jeongguk, who just gazed down at him with no visible expression.

"What are you standing here? Let me go back to my friends!" Taehyung was about to pass the older male, when he got grabbed by the wrist and pulled away. Again. Déja vu?

"You look a little better today than last time.." Jeongguk suddenly began, studying the brunet's face. "but you still look sad, although there are no tears in your eyes like last time."

Taehyung sucked in a deep breath. He hates when people know how he feels, he rather keeps his feelings locked up inside of him.

Yet this stranger saw through it.

"I don't know you, nor do you know me. I don't know why I should concern you like that," Taehyung hissed and Jeongguk raised an eyebrow, stunned. "And you're mad," he said, totally ignoring what Taehyung said.

The brunet scoffed.

"Is it about that guy from last time?" The raven haired suddenly asked and Taehyung looked confused. "Which guy?"

Jeongguk hesitated, but then talked. "Your boyfriend."

Taehyung froze. Yeah, his boyfriend. "It's not about him."

Oh, it was.

"You're lying," Jeongguk said and Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Listen, you're kinda annoying."

"And you're going to break yourself if you bottle your feelings up for longer." Taehyung's eyes widened at what Jeongguk said and he looked up to him, surprised.

"Y-you don't know me-

"But I'm not blind," Jeongguk retorted.

"Hey you!" Taehyung flinched at the familiar voice and both him and Jeongguk turned to the direction of it, seeing Minhyun storm towards them, his eyebrows knitted.

"What are you doing with my boyfriend?" Jeongguk internally scoffed as he turned to the male slightly shorter than him. "Ask him that. You don't seem like you do that enough."

Taehyung looked down, not knowing why he felt so exposed. Minhyun never asks him anything, always does what he wants.

Minhyun turned to Taehyung and cupped his face in his hands. "Babe, are you alright?"

Same question.
Same answer.
"I'm fine."

Taehyung looked up to Jeongguk, who mouthed the word liar, making Taehyung gulp and goosebumps form on his skin.

"Did he do something to you? Did he touch you-

"No!" Taehyung interrupted Minhyun. "H-he's new at the school and I was assigned to show him around by Mr Shang," Taehyung lied.

Jeongguk smirked smugly.

"Yes, thank you, now I know where to go," he played along, winking to Taehyung, who tried to stop the heat shoot to his cheeks.

Minhyun turned away from Taehyung and to Jeongguk, giving him a daring look. "He is my boyfriend, don't have false hopes."

Taehyung cringed when Minhyun wrapped his arm around his waist and dragged him with him.

He just looked down, letting himself get dragged.

But he still could feel Jeongguk's eyes on him.

And that damn heartbeat didn't let him breath properly either.