21

YOU THINK I'M HOT?

The night came in faster than the two expected and they were now laying in bed, a small distance between them, backs facing each other.

Of course Jeongguk had insisted he would sleep on the couch, but Taehyung wasn't having this discussion again and declared them sleeping both in the bed.

"Ggukie? Are you still awake?"

Surprised, Jeongguk turned around. Hs thought Taehyung was already sleeping. "Yeah."

Taehyung sighed out in relief, as he hugged his pillow tighter to his tummy. "I.. kinda can't sleep," he admitted, embarrassed. "I just wanted to check if you're still awake."

Jeongguk slowly reached his hand out, patting Taehyung's shoulder and the younger turned towards him. There was no light in the room, but the moonlight finding their way through Taehyung's window were enough for them to make out silhouettes.

"Why can't you sleep?" Jeongguk's soft voice rung through the room, in concern. "You haven't slept well last night too."

Taehyung didn't know why his heart was beating so fast. Jeongguk's concern, the worry he heard in his voice, is everything Taehyung could ever ask for. He hated to do it, because Jeongguk is thousands of leagues better than him, but almost automatically, Taehyung compared him to Minhyun.

But there was literally nothing in common. Taehyung remembers crystal-clear how Minhyun reacted when he couldn't sleep at night. He literally fell asleep again, leaving Taehyung to stay awake almost the whole night, withering in fear of unknown.

But Jeongguk cared.

A shiver ran over Taehyung's whole body when he thought about Minhyun and he pulled his legs closer to himself.

"I-I don't know. I just can't sleep."

Jeongguk cautiously scooted closer. "Come here."

Taehyung looked at him for a short while, seeing his opened arms. He felt his heart jump. Was Jeongguk even real?

He slowly scooted closer to the dark haired male, instantly feeling ten times safer when he felt his arms around him.

"It's okay" Jeongguk grabbed Taehyung's shaking hands with one of his own and held them between their chests.

Taehyung's hands stopped shaking in Jeongguk's warm hold.

Jeongguk felt defeated.

He had tried to fight against them, denied them this whole time- but he couldn't help, but give up the fight against his own feelings. He felt like a small boat in the middle of the huge, stormy ocean, totally disoriented and with no escape, only hearing the cries of his heart calling for the boy in his arms.

A small boat won't win against the strong waves of the sea.

Jeongguk tucked Taehyung's head under his chin. "Did I tell you why I moved to Seoul?

Taehyung softly shook his head, a little excitement suddenly bubbling up inside of him. Was Jeongguk going to talk about himself?

"When I was younger, I always dreamed to live here once I turn 18. Didn't quite work, but now I succeeded with 19," he chuckled, the vibration of Jeongguk's chest against his cheek making Taehyung smile.

"Everyone told me I won't be able to do it all on my own. My family wasn't supporting me at all with my dreams. They said singing and art won't bring me anywhere."

"But you're amazing in both of it. You're so talented," Taehyung mumbled, making Jeongguk flutter with pride. "Thanks."

"Living in Busan didn't quite do me good. I had a boyfriend for a while."

Unintentionally, Taehyung tensed. He didn't know why though. Was it the thought of Jeongguk being with someone else, or the confirmation that he actually takes a liking in boys that made his heart jump like that?

"And I.. really liked him, I don't think I really was in love though, I broke it off with him after only two months. It was a bet between him and his friends. Getting into 'the hot guy's' pants and I was so damn pissed that he succeeded."

Taehyung sucked in a deep breath, sudden anger forming inside of him. "You're so much more than just hot and he should've seem that."

Jeongguk smirked. "You think I'm hot?"

Taehyung blushed embarrassedly. "Y-yeah, I-I mean you're really good looking.."

Jeongguk chuckled, bushing hand through Taehyung's hair. "You're adorable."

Taehyung simply blushed again.

"My parents found out that I was gay and kicked me out," Jeongguk continued and Taehyung's breath hitched by the sudden new information. "Wh-what?"

"They disowned me, you know? And I had no money so I started doing busking in the town with my guitar."

Taehyung could imagine Jeongguk playing the guitar just perfectly.

"I collected enough money to survive in a small flat in Busan, but my dream has always been Seoul, so.. I began drawing portraits of people on the streets for money too and I always switched it up, sometimes I drew, sometimes I sung and I'd be in the city for the whole day, trying to collect as much money as possible, so that I could move away from Busan and come to Seoul. I didn't even go to school and I had to learn everything by myself."

Taehyung was amazed, feeling so much empathy for Jeongguk. "You are stunning Jeongguk.."

The older just hummed absently. He couldn't believe that he was telling Taehyung his story. No one knows about what he has been going through ever since his parents disowned him.

"One day, when I was singing, a dude came to me and gave me his ID-card. There was a small Talent-show in town, where the winner got a huge amount of money and I thought that was my chance."

"That's such a good opportunity," Taehyung closed his eyes, snuggling closer to Jeongguk. "You must've been filled with so much hope."

"Hope is the last thing to give up," he said, stirring something inside of Taehyung. He hoped for Minhyun to stop his doing.

"And obviously I won, or else I wouldn't be here with you," Jeongguk carried on, "I became a small celebrity in Busan, everyone in town speaking about the handsome boy in the newspapers, but I didn't care about it at all, I left the town as fast as possible.."

Never had Taehyung expected that Jeongguk was hiding such a huge story, his heart swelling because of how proud he felt of him.

"I have enough money now and people who hurt me and knew about it started crawling back to me. Even my parents. I will never forgive them for what they've done to me. Throwing their own son out of their house, is-"

Jeongguk paused his ranting when he noticed Taehyung's breathing evened and he looked down at the brunet with a smile dancing on his lips. He was asleep.

Jeongguk didn't mind that he fell asleep mid-story, knowing Taehyung will ask thousands of questions about it tomorrow.

His hand slowly went to Taehyung's cheek, where he softly stroke it with the back of his fingers.

"But if losing my home means, I end up getting to know you, I'd lose it any day again."