8

DIFFERENT

Jeongguk and Taehyung barely communicated throughout the whole day, only when they had to ask the other about the plan and when Jeongguk asked what pizza he should order for Taehyung.

It was now half past ten in the evening and although planning the design for a wall doesn't sound that difficult, it was. More than the two expected. A team of two perfectionists when it come to art just takes long.

"Okay, I can't do this anymore. As much as I love painting, my hand aches and I'm fucking tired," Taehyung announced leaning back in his chair.

Jeongguk chuckled and dropped his pencil too. "We have two days left for it, Beautiful, we can also continue tomorrow."

Taehyung hummed, closing his eyes and stretching his body, ignoring the nickname Jeongguk's been using from time to time.

Licking his suddenly dry lips, Jeongguk watched how Taehyung's tummy peeked out from under his shirt, revealing soft, milky skin.

"Yeah, then let's just continue tomorrow. Again, here?"

Jeongguk nodded. "If that's alright? I mean I'm not sure if your 'boyfriend' will be pleased with that idea." Taehyung didn't miss the way Jeongguk spoke out the word 'boyfriend' with a mocking undertone.

"He'll be okay with it when I tell him that it's for the project, don't-

He was about to finish his sentence when his phone rung. He took it and saw Minhyun calling, then quickly looked at the time, seeing it was five minutes before eleven. "Shit," he whispered and got up to leave the room, without saying anything else. Jeongguk watched him with confusion written all over his face.

Once he was in another room, Taehyung quickly picked the call up. "Hey.."

"Hey baby, are you at home?" He asked, just like he always does around 11 o'clock evenings, making sure Taehyung is at home and... alone. Shit, Jeongguk.

Jeongguk knew it must've been Minhyun who called, looking at the way Taehyung panicked. He followed the younger, but hid behind the corner.

"Y-yeah I'm at home, like promised."

"Jeon's also gone right?" Jeongguk's eyebrow perked up.

Shit.. "Yeah, he left earlier."

Although Taehyung had the call on quiet mode, the silence in the house made it possible for Jeongguk to pick up some of the conversation. He scoffed.

"Good, I don't like him. Don't let him be near you too much."

Taehyung chewed on his lip. "Okay, b-but Hyun..." he halted a little. "Yes, baby?"

"Euhm... we didn't finish the project, so he'll probably come over tomorrow again," Taehyung told him. Minhyun mumbled something the brunet couldn't pick up, probably a curse, then spoke again. "What did you two do the whole time then? Why aren't you done?"

Jeongguk dared to look at Taehyung a little past the wall, frowning when he saw his distressed expression and his shaking hands.

"I promise you, Hyun. All we did was work and eat pizza because we g-got hungry. He's just my project partner-

"Still don't like him."

That made Jeongguk smirk though, finding it amusing how much of a threat he appears to be to Minhyun.

"It's okay Hyun. I-I won't meet him again after we're done with the project.."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. As if he will let that happen.