17

WHICH FRIEND?

Taehyung's shaking frame melted into Jeongguk's arms, the older holding onto him securely and protectively.

No words were exchanged, no words needed to be exchanged. All they needed were each other.

"I'm scared.."

Jeongguk frowned hearing that. Is Minhyun so bad, that he has his boyfriend shivering and crying even out of his presence? From what Jeongguk had picked up, Minhyun is just an insecure pussy, who can't deal with the feeling of something that belongs to him getting taken away.

"It'll be alright... tell him you were at Jimin's and your phone was off. You worry to much, Beautiful," Jeongguk whispered quietly.

Taehyung felt the back of his eyes sting with salty tears. He hugged Jeongguk tighter, holding onto him as if his dear life depends on it- actually, because right in that moment, it did feel like it. Taehyung doesn't know what Minhyun might do. "I don't want to see him, I just.. I can't do this.. anymore."

Jeongguk moved his hand up to brush it through the younger's hair. On the inside, he felt a little mad. Taehyung shouldn't be crying in fear like this, when he could be happy.

"Why don't you just tell him to break up? I'm sorry for asking like this but-

"Even if I tell him that I want to break up, he'd never let it happen. I... once tried to like subtly imply it and he already lost his mind and-

"If he hurt you I'm going to kill him, that piece of shit," Jeongguk hissed.

Taehyung sighed. Never has he thought he could build up such huge attachment to someone in such a short time. "Thank you, Gguk.."

"How are you?" Jeongguk asked softly when him and Taehyung sat in the bus next to each other, on their way to school.

I'm fine, Taehyung would've said to everyone else, but this was Jeongguk. He would see through him anyways. "I just want to sleep and wake up when this day is over, stay up the whole night to live life and then sleep again, so that i don't experience the day and have to face Minhyun."

Jeongguk chuckled softly. "That bad?"

Taehyung hummed, simply, playing it off with a small smile as if it was a joke.

It definitely wasn't though.

His eyes widened, his heart fluttering when he suddenly felt a warm, reassuring hand on top of his own. He turned his face to Jeongguk, who was looking out of the window.

Taehyung knew that within all this time spent together, what was going on between him and Jeongguk was stronger than both of them would like to admit.

It shouldn't continue like this, Taehyung still has a boyfriend, although he doesn't really see him as that and really likes to break it off, but Jeongguk just messes with his feelings and he can't stop.

The bus drive went on for another ten minutes and the two already bid their goodbyes still inside and finally exchanged their numbers. They left the bus one after another, so that no one saw them coming out together.

Jeongguk of course told Taehyung to contact him immediately if Minhyun does anything to him, to which the younger promised to do so.

Maybe he will, maybe he will not.

Taehyung let out a deep sigh as he pulled his books from his locker. He wasn't really keen on having one and an half hour of history right in the morning, but he had no choice, but to survive this.