29

PERFECTION

"Ggukie?"

"Hmm?"

"I.. can't sleep."

Jeongguk knew that, having noticed how Taehyung's been thrashing around on the bed, trying to find a comfortable lying position. He can also imagine what might be bothering the younger.

Cautiously, he scooted closer to him, wrapping his arm around his waist. "Just close your eyes, Beautiful."

Relaxation hit Taehyung as he got engulfed by Jeongguk's warmth.

"I've got you. You just have to sleep. We have a long day before us tomorrow." Jeongguk's soothing voice ringed inside Taehyung's head, melting him. Reassuring him that everything will be fine. Yet still-

"What if M-Minhyun-

"Shh," Jeongguk interrupted him. "No what ifs. He won't do anything to you, Taehyung."

The way Jeongguk's arm tightened around his waist made Taehyung let a breath out and he nodded quietly. Slowly, he turned around in Jeongguk's hold, hugging him too. "You are the best, Ggukie."

Jeongguk's heart fluttered, a smile forming on his lips. "I appreciate that, but you're far better."

Taehyung felt the butterflies form in his chest, when Jeongguk pressed a kiss to his forehead. "You've been through so much, and still you're the kindest soul I've ever met. You're gorgeous, Taehyung, in any way possible." Another kiss to his forehead. "You are the best." A kiss to his nose. "And don't think otherwise, because in my eyes, there's no one stronger or better than you." Jeongguk's breath brushed against Taehyung's lips as he spoke out these last few words.

Taehyung felt hypnotized. By Jeongguk, his voice, his scent, his warmth, his gentleness. Everything.

Just simply everything.

So when he noticed Jeongguk not decreasing, nor increasing the distance between their lips, he did it himself, leaning up to Jeongguk to kiss him.

It was magical and literally breathtaking. They just kissed, no pushing, no fighting for dominance, just a gentle flow of emotions.  

Jeongguk pulled Taehyung closer to himself, kissing him deeper, no space left, as if their lips were one.

Taehyung was the first to cut off from the kiss and smile up to Jeongguk, his racing heartbeat pounding in his ear. He loved this.

He loved him.

Jeongguk smiled too and hugged Taehyung tightly. "In these next days, I only want to see you smile, okay? We will enjoy the trip and forget about anything. Just you and me... and Jimin and Yoongi of course."

Taehyung smiled as he nodded against Jeongguk's chest, his eyes slowly closing. "Just..you and me. That sounds nice."

Jeongguk noticed the cute yawn that underlined Taehyung's words. "Sleep now, Beautiful. You're tired."

Taehyung absently hummed, his mind only half conscious as sleep began taking him.

Jeongguk smiled warmly at the boy in his arms.

Everything was so perfect.

"Get the fuck up, we overslept!!"

Perfection can wait.

Taehyung and Jeongguk both woke up by the loud voice coming from behind the door. Taehyung yawned in tiny, his lips coming back together into a pout as he didn't move his face away from Jeongguk's chest, while the older moved his hands away from Taehyung's body to stretch.