31

ONLY US

It was a perfect late eve's walk at the beach, with the sky clearer than ever and the sea breeze more comforting as ever.

"Jeongguk, can we talk?"

It was Jimin who called out to the ravenette, surprising him. Jeongguk quickly noticed how Yoongi and Taehyung were walking a few meters ahead, talking about god knows what.

Honestly, Jeongguk's been waiting for the moment Jimin would want to talk to him. Taehyung is his best friend, 'his soulmate'. That's what Taehyung calls him. Not being born yesterday, Jeongguk of course noticed Jimin's hesitant behavior when he saw Taehyung and Jeongguk together. There was something Jimin's been dying to tell him.

"Sure," the ravenette responded, pretending to be unknowing. He's good in reading people and situations though.

"How much.. what do you see Taehyung as?"

Jeongguk knew a question in this direction would come. After Minhyun, he understood why Jimin would ask him about hid intentions with Taehyung.

"Honestly.."

Jeongguk waited. He sees Taehyung as a lot of things. So much.

Yet one word crossed his mind so fast and refused to leave. He smiled. "My future."

It was simple, but it held so many messages.

Jimin lips gaped, not having expected that. "Do you mean it?"

Their steps became slower for whatever reason. Probably because the conversation got a little deeper into feelings.

"Yes. And he's even more than that. Taehyung was suddenly there and from the moment I've seen him for the first time, my mind wouldn't let him go."

Jimin stared at him for a few seconds. "Okay.. I'm worried, you know?"

Jeongguk hummed. "You have every right to be."

Jimin knew Jeongguk was referring to Minhyun. Past trauma and stuff- Jimin of course wants to make sure that nothing like that will happen to Taehyung again. "Yeah," he breathed out, "It bothers me a little that Taehyung trusts you so much, even though you haven't known each other for so long."

Jeongguk grinned. Ah there it is. That's what Jimin was dying to say.

Jeongguk looked to Taehyung and Jimin followed his gaze. "To be honest...Taehyung had no other option but to tell me about what's going on between him and Minhyun. It was obvious something was so wrong and even though I didn't know him yet, I... I didn't want him to suffer." He took a deep breath, "Taehyung is strong and he refused to tell me when I asked him, pretended he still loved him, but soon.. I think, he couldn't hold it in anymore and told me everything."

"And you comforted him," Jimin mumbled. Yes, he already had a talk with Taehyung. "How much do you care for him?"

"Is it enough for you, if I tell you that he is the only thing I care about?"

Jimin wanted to butt in a comment, but then remembered the reputation Jeongguk had in school. This boy cares about nothing, he is bored of everything...

"I believe you."

Jeongguk raised an eyebrow. What was there not to believe anyways?

"He needs you, Jeongguk." Jimin's voice sounded genuine. "I can tell that you make him happy and after Minhyun.. Someone like you, who will protect him and who loves him is the best thing that can happen to him."

Jimin chuckled, seeing Jeongguk's widened eyes and the unusual blush that rose to his cheeks.

"Don't tell me you're not in love with him, Jeongguk. Your eyes when you look at him say it all."