13

PENALTY SHOOTS

"So when I was around 13, me and Jimin used to block the slide on this playground and shoo all other kids away. We pretended that it was our territory, our ship and we were the pirates."

Jeongguk just watched Taehyung talk on and on and on, fascinated by how lively and happy the brunet looked and sounded. As if he wasn't suffering at all.

"Since when do Jimin and you know each other?" The raven questioned after a short time.

Taehyung smiled. "Since I can think. Our parents are good friends," he explained. Jimin has been on his side since forever, he was always the one he told everything, the one he escaped to when he fought with his parents, the one he trusted with his life. It's been a while since him and Jimin could hang out though. Because of Minhyun.

Jeongguk hummed, kicking a stone that lay on the sidewalk that they were on. Honestly, both were not really knowing where they are heading to, but the thought of wondering about it didn't cross their minds even once. It felt nice to have no destination. Anything better than school.

"Must be nice to have someone who is always on your side."

Taehyung looked up to Jeongguk. The older's eyes were fixed to the ground, raven bangs hanging into his face and covering his whole forehead, while he has his hands buried into the side pockets of his black leather jacket.

His voice sounded soft, kind of... sad.

"Jeongguk?" He softly questioned. The older hummed. "Yeah?"

"I told you what bothers me, it's only fair if you tell me too," he said. Jeongguk bit his lip as he looked to Taehyung by his side. "I think this is a story for another time, Beautiful."

The brunet looked up too, locking his eyes with Jeongguk's. "It's okay.. Just know, that I'm always here for you if you need," he whispered, the words hitting Jeongguk right in his chest, leaving him a little overwhelmed.

He never had someone who was there for
him. A small smile graced his lips. "Thank you."

Taehyung's expression softened lightly as he moved his eyes to the older. Jeongguk looked kind off different right now. More relaxed, features soft, a small smile on his lips. Kind of vulnerable.

He smiled warmly to himself. Considering the dark outfits, charcoal black hair, piercings, tattoos- Jeongguk did appear like someone who really doesn't care about anything. However, even if he himself says that he isn't bothered by anything, Taehyung can't believe it. Jeongguk has been proving the opposite ever since they started talking.

"There's a football," the raven suddenly exclaimed, pointing forward to the bushes next to the sidewalk. Indeed, there was a football entangled between the branches.

Taehyung's face lit up as he excitedly ran to it and picked it up. He looked around, seeing no one who it might belong to. "It's a really good one too, why would someone drop it like this?"

Jeongguk chuckled as Taehyung threw the ball to his direction and he caught it, examining it. "It was an accident maybe."

Taehyung smiled. "Wanna play?"

Jeongguk squinted his eyes at him. "I'm just warning you again, that I'm good in everything I do."

The smaller scoffed, crossing his arms. "We'll see about that." Then he looked around. "Do you think there's a football field somewhere here?"