25

LET ME GO

Saturday and Sunday, two simple days, never felt longer for Jeongguk as they did this time. He dreaded to go out, he dreaded to do anything, spent the whole weekend with doing nothing, but worrying about the brunet boy who was out with his toxic, abusive boyfriend.

A normal, daily situation for everyone.

It was Monday morning now and Jeongguk felt a little lighter inside, knowing he is going to see Taehyung again today. He had waited for his messages, but didn't get any. However he didn't interpret much into it, guessing Taehyung didn't text him because of Minhyun.

You guessed right, Jeon.

Although...

Jeongguk still felt really restless while driving to school, wishing he could already see Taehyung and be ensured that everything was fine with him.

Once he arrived at the school parking lot, he grabbed his backpack, strapped it over his shoulder and jogged inside. He hated to be the center of attention, but every time he enters school all eyes instantly go to him, the unbothered, handsome, new boy.

Little did they know, he isn't that unbothered when it comes to a certain brunette boy, with the most beautiful boxy smile.

Jeongguk stopped, a relieved breath leaving his lips when he found Taehyung standing by his locker, just like expected. He had noticed that this was the first place he'd go mornings, to take his stuff.

Oh, how badly did Jeongguk want to run up to the brunet and tackle him into his arms, tell him how worried he was and how much he had missed him.

But he stuck to observing him from afar, when he saw Minhyun coming into the scene, smiling at Taehyung as he leaned with his shoulder against the locker next to him.

Just seeing Minhyun again let the blood inside of Jeongguk boil, as he felt the anger arise in an instant.

He watched as Minhyun held his hand out for Taehyung to take. Watched as Taehyung placed his own in it, with no hesitation. Watched as Minhyun leaned closer to Taehyung to kiss him. Watched as Taehyung didn't show any resistance and kissed him back, their hands still interlocked.

Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows.

Something wasn't right.

A suffocating feeling settled down in the depth of Jeongguk's heart; Taehyung looked... content.

And the reason felt... wrong.

He sloppily strode behind them, keeping unsuspicious distance. He was kn the same year as Minhyun anyways and they had the same class now, so he'd have an excuse if he gets caught.

But the thought of being in a room with Minhyun bugged Jeongguk already enough. He might not be able to guarantee that Minhyun will come back without any bruises if he stays in a room with him, longer than two minutes.

Jeongguk felt his heart ache as he saw them stop in front of the classroom, Taehyung smiling up to Minhyun as he got on his tiptoes to kiss him.

Jeongguk never felt this confused.

Once Minhyun was inside and Taehyung was alone, Jeongguk waited for the perfect moment, when everyone on the floors was distracted and grabbed Taehyung by his wrist, pulling him into the really well known sanitary room.

Taehyung had yelped in surprise at first, but once he saw Jeongguk, he quieted down, but his heart didn't.

Jeongguk eyed the brunet, who wouldn't look at him, facing the left side.