[4] - 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦

THE TRIO ARRIVED at the doorstep of the house. The weather in Baltimore was quite humid, something that differed from Y/N's experience in Chicago and New York City.

Now out of of his tactical suit and sporting a navy blue polo with jeans, he stood with Sam and Bucky on the porch of the home.

Barnes knocked on the door and waited for an answer, in which a teenaged boy appeared and looked at the three through the metal door.

"We're here to see Isaiah." Bucky spoke.

"Nobody named Isaiah lives here." The kid quickly rebutted.

Bucky glanced at Sam and Y/N before talking back, "Look, we just want to talk to him."

"You must not hear what I just said. You ain't getting into this house. Y'all can leave now."

Bucky wasn't going to give up now, so he tried again. "Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's gonna know what that means."

The teenager took a moment to think before ultimately deciding to do so. "All right. Wait here."

He shut the door, leaving the three men out on the porch.

"Nice kid." Y/N remarked with hands in his jean pockets.

Sam crossed his arms and looked at Bucky, "How do you know this guy?"

"I used to." He simply replied, "We had a skirmish during the Korean War."

"Oh, yeah. We still need to have that drink and talk about your war stories." Y/N said.

Bucky lightly chuckled, remembering his offer back during the Battle of Wakanda years ago.

The boy opened both doors and started letting the three in. "Today's your lucky day. He says he wants to see you for himself."

They walk into the living room and are soon face-to-face with an elderly African-American man. Despite his age, he was well-built and fit. He looked like a guy who could knock someone out with one clean punch.

"Isaiah." Bucky greeted.

"Look at you." The man sternly spoke.

Bucky shifted towards his colleagues, "This is Sam and Y/N. Uh, Sam and Y/N, this is Isaiah. He was a hero. One of the ones HYDRA feared the most. Like Steve. We met in '51."

"If by met, you mean I whupped your ass, then, yeah." Isaiah shot back.

Bucky reacted with a slight smirk before the elderly man continued.

"We heard whispers he was out on the peninsula, but everyone they sent after him never came back. So the U.S military dropped me behind enemy lines to go deal with him. I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see he's managed to grow it back. I just wanted to see if he got the arm back. Or if he'd come to kill me."

"I'm not a killer anymore." Bucky responded.

Isaiah started to chuckle, "You think you can wake up one day and decide who you wanna be? It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you."

Bucky exhaled, "Isaiah, the reason we're here is because there's more of you and me out there."

Y/N darted his eyes toward Bucky at that statement, wondering what he's inferring about Isaiah.

"You and me." Isaiah replied.

"And we need to know how."

"I'm not going to talk about it anymore!" Isaiah exclaimed, then picked up a container and threw it at the wall. His sheer strength caused the tin to impale itself into the wood.