[11] - 𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯

IT HAD BEEN a few days since the attack on the GRC in New York. Y/N and Wanda were at their home, getting minor chores done before going to the Wilson family's cookout that they were invited to.

Sam was going to meet them there around the same time, since he was currently with Isaiah and Elijah at the Smithsonian to show them the memorial he had dedicated to the elder Bradley.

Wanda was in the middle of doing the dishes when Y/N snaked his arms around her waist.

"I'll finish this up. Don't worry." He spoke close to her ear.

"I got this, darling." She replied with a light chuckle.

"You've already folded the laundry. You could honestly get things done with the snap of your fingers so let me be of use for once."

"Awww." She stopped and turned her head towards him, "Do I make you feel useless?"

"You're the lady of the house. Only thing here that depends on me is the garden outside." He responded.

"The lilies...lavender..." She began to list.

"They're my babies." He interjected, then grabbed her arms and gently pulled her away from the sink. He started taking her to the island beside them.

"You sit. Enjoy the fruit from the bowl we have here. And let me finish up." He said, then continued his girlfriend's chore.

Wanda chuckled as she sat on the stool and grabbed a pear from the bowl, "You're so cute when you take charge."

He laughed as he washed the plates. He then remembered the events from days ago and sparked a conversation.

"You really saved our ass back there." He said, mentioning how Wanda showed up to stop Batroc and the Flag Smashers.

"I had a feeling something was wrong..." Wanda began, "Vďaka Bohu (Thank God) I arrived when I did."

"Did you get a look at their faces? Batroc's? It was priceless." He remarked with a light chuckle.

"I did see Walker's. He better appreciate the fact I didn't have them fire at him instead."

"I'm sure he's grateful."

Wanda thought back at that time. She took it upon herself to save the three men and also stop what remained of the Flag Smashers. The world was starting to see her as a hero again.

"I did what I had to do to help. I need to keep doing that." She said, "It's my destiny to bring chaos...but I want to change that."

Y/N paused for a moment before letting out a sigh, "You're not a chaos-bringer to me, Wanda. You never were. Whatever Agatha said is not true. You're a good person, you always were."

Y/N was about done with the chore. Wanda appreciated his words. She rested her elbow on the counter and laid her head against her palm.

"You thought it was hot?" She asked, recalling Y/N's remark when she stopped Batroc and the terrorists.

Y/N smirked as he started drying his hands and he turned to face her, "Oh, definitely. Huge turn on."

Wanda laughed with her lover as he added one last thing, "You should conjure that dress in the bedroom. It'd spice things up."

Wanda shook her head as she stood up from her seat. She took a bite of her fruit before walking off, "You're something else."

• • •

IN THE EMPTY courtroom, Valentina Allegra de Fontaine waited along with John Walker's wife, Olivia, as her husband changed his outfit. She took out her phone and read the report of the prison transport containing Flag Smashers being blown up a couple days ago.