[7] - 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥

THE FUNERAL FOR Ned Leeds had concluded. For Peter (Tom), it was reminiscent of the time his uncle and Tony had one. For Peter (Andrew) it brought memories of when he lost Ben and then Gwen. In the case of Peter (Tobey), he thought back at his uncle as well as Harry.

Friends of the younger Peter attended along with Y/N, MJ, May, and Happy. Everybody had gone, leaving only the three Parkers and Y/N in the cemetery.

"He was my best friend

"He was my best friend." Peter (Tom) began. "He was the first person I trusted in keeping my secret. My guy in the chair." He let out a sigh. "But look where that got him."

"Don't blame yourself." Peter (Tobey) said.

"It's my fault. That's why I tried so hard to keep my identity a secret, so people close to me don't get hurt."

Peter (Andrew) and Peter (Tobey) understood his plight. It's the same reason why they keep theirs a secret too.

The young hero continued. "I...I don't know if I can keep this going."

Y/N looked at Peter (Tom). "Are you saying..."

He simply shrugged. Peter (Andrew) turned to him and exhaled.

"When I lost Gwen, I thought the same thing. I wanted to give up being Spider-Man, and I did for some time." He began. "But she wouldn't have wanted that for me. I had to preserver from my grief and pain."

Peter (Tom) looked up from the floor and at the older man as he continued.

"Would Ned want that? What did he think of you as Spider-Man?"

"He was one of the main people who pushed me to keep going. He understood my responsibility and always told me that people appreciated me, despite the hecklers."

Peter (Tobey) smiled. "There it is. That's one thing that's rare in our line of work. People that understand."

The young man sniffled as his eyes started to water. Y/N pat his shoulder and brought him in for a side hug. Afterward, the two other Peters embraced him as well.

• • •

IN THE SANCTUM SANCTORUM, the three Spider-Men stood in a room with Doctor Strange. With their work done and the multiversal crisis seemingly at ease, the sorcerer found a way to take the two older heroes back to their worlds.

"Again, thank you for your assistance." Strange began. "You've done your part."

"So is it over?" Peter (Andrew) asked.

In all honesty, Strange wasn't sure. "It's subsided enough where now I can get a clearer look at the situation. But I don't know."

He stood by the globe and moved the runes around it. Moments later he dragged the loop away from the globe and formed a portal.