[1] - 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦

EARLIER, STEPHEN STRANGE went looking for Wanda Maximoff. He was going to check her usual residence in Chicago, but something drew him to another place: an apple orchard overseas, near the border of where Sokovia once was.

Wanda cut a stem off the branch she was tending to. She immediately felt the presence of the sorcerer behind her. The redhead turned around and faced her friend and mentor.

 The redhead turned around and faced her friend and mentor

"Apples, right?" He asked.

"Eventually." She replied and handed him the stem. Stephen smelled it.

"Smells–"

"Sweet." She interjected.

"I was going to say real." He said. "Didn't know you had this property. And I thought Y/N was usually the one tending to the plant life."

"You could say he rubbed off on me." She responded. "And it's all very real."

Stephen nodded, initially trusting his mentee's words. He handed the stem back.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I need your help."

She let out a sigh and started walking with him. "With what?"

"What do you know about the multiverse?" He asked as they walked down the orchard

"Multiverse?" She questioned. "Well, Vis had his theories. Always told Y/N about it. He never believed it though...always joked about the concept."

"Well, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna joke about it anymore." Strange remarked, thinking back at their excursion a few days ago. "Uh, we found a girl who could somehow travel across it. But she's being pursued."

"By whom?"

"Some kind of demon. One that covets her power for itself. We've taken her to Kamar-Taj and we've got our defenses. But we could use an Avenger."

Wanda scoffed. "There are other Avengers."

"I know. I'd like to give Y/N a break though since he just helped me resolve Spider-Man's situation. I, unfortunately, don't have the new Captain America's number."