Tangled up in Blue

Episode-3

PLANTATION HOUSE

Hayley was sitting cross-legged on the floor in Elijah's bedroom as she read one of Elijah's thick, leather-bound journals.

August 1359. I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to brutality.

However, the true problem remains my sister, Nikolia.

Nikole was standing with an impassive face as she poured gasoline over the bodies of the nightwalkers Rebekah had killed to protect Hayley, which were piled up in the front yard of the Plantation house.

She continues to hide her loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

Hayley stopped reading and walked downstairs with the journal in her hands when she heard voices only to find Rebekah and Nikole talking in the foyer.

Nikole was sitting in a chair behind a desk while Rebekah stood to the side leaning onto the wall with her arms crossed.

Rebekah pouted, "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!"

Nikole smirked, "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child."

Rebekah rolled her eyes at her sister's remark, "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of motherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

The siblings chuckled.

Hayley walked up to join them in the foyer. Seeing the positive air in the room she smiled slightly.

The wolf asked while holding the journal against her chest, "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is."

Nikole smirked slightly as she spotted Elijah's journal in her hands; knowing that the wolf had taken a liking to her older brother.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" She snickered to herself as she teased Rebekah.

Rebekah narrowed her eyes at her sister and scoffed before taking a pencil from the desk beside her and throwing it in Nikole's direction in annoyance.

Nikole caught it easily before it could embed itself in her gorgeous face and smiled smugly.

Seeing Nikol's expression Bekah rolled her eyes half heartedly.

Hayley sighed as she saw the siblings messing around before clearing her throat, "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

Nikole smirked at Hayley, "In the front, if we're being specific."

Making both the younger females in Nikole's vicinity sigh in exasperation.