Girl in New Orleans

Episode-4

My siblings and I are the first vampires in all of history, the Originals. Three hundred years ago, we helped build New Orleans. Now, we have returned to find the city has a new king who rules with the aid of a powerful girl. They've taken possession of my brother, Elijah. A coven of witches want this girl for themselves. They seek to enlist my help, using my unborn child as leverage, though I suspect they have ulterior motives. So, I've made a plan of my own: I will free my brother, and reclaim the city for my family. Then, I will be Queen.

PLANTATION HOUSE

"Over the course of my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants? To satisfy hunger, even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil, I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world, "Nikole spoke as she walked around her study.

Cami, the young bartender sat in a chair as she listened to Nikole's rant; confused, " No offense, but I'm not sure I follow why you've invited me here."

Nikole looked at her with a genuine smile, "Because I enjoy your company. And, I sense that you have the capacity for understanding someone of my... complexity. You see, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me. What I found was a young woman, pregnant, in need of protection. My brother, always the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her--he thought it might redeem me. Trouble is, I've since learned of another young woman-- a girl, really, one with vast potential-- held in captivity by a tyrant. I want to help both of these women-- protect one and free the other. So, tell me, Cami-- does that sound evil to you?"

Cami spoke up confidently yet still confused by the situation, "I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone. Professionally."

Nikole smiled in amusement at the pretty girl's response.

"I think I prefer to talk to you. So, I'm going to offer you a job as my stenographer." Nikole nodded to herself as she made up her mind without even asking for permission.

Cami still confused simply spoke, "Okay. What are we writing?"

Nikole sat down in front of Cami and looked at her with a smirk, "My memoirs, of course. Someone should know my story. And, it will give us time to discuss other riveting subjects, like your handsome suitor, Marcel."

Cami mildly offended sputtered out, "Excuse me? My private life is--"

Nikole interrupted, "Your private life is, as it turns out, essential to my plans. You see, Marcel wants you. And, because of that, he will trust you, which serves me. The thing is, the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side there's me, and on the other, Marcel. Along with a very powerful witch and an army of vampires."

She told her nonchalantly not caring that she had practically exposed the supernatural community.

Cami freaked out and stood up to run, "WHAT?"

Nikile vamp-sped over to her and pushed her against a wall. Nikole smirked at her scared expression, "You're frightened. Don't be."