Crecsent City

Episode-13

At St. Anne's Church, Father Kieran was holding the first mass since the massacre.

"Thank you all for coming. It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic."

Kieran continued his sermon while Nikole and Marcel, who were sitting next to each other in the pew, started to talk quietly.

Marcel looked up to see a red-haired woman, he recognised across the church but he couldn't get a proper look at her.

Nikole noticed Marcel looking distracted, "Problem?"

"No." Marcel shook his head.

Nikole smirked at Marcel, "Then pay attention. We're meant to seem like devoted parishioners."

...and it is that hope in our hearts, and with the help of many benefactors, that allows us to be here today. So, we gather with renewed spirit, made stronger, committed to the ideals of peace and love. Amen."

While Kieran was speaking, the newly-resurrected Bastianna entered the church and watched from the back.

ST. ANNE'S CHURCH

After the mass, the parishioners left the church.

Kieran was at the entrance to meet with the attendees personally when Nikole and Marcel approach him.

Nikole smiled at the priest, "Lovely sermon this morning, Father. Quite inspirational. "

Kiran looked at the vampires with tight smile, "I wasn't expecting you to join us."

"Oh, we were hoping for some word from your human sources on the recent Haitian invasion." Nikole stepped towards him.

Kieran informed them, "My guys have their ears on the ground, and no one has seen or heard any sign of whatever his name is."

Marcel spoke up as he told them about the witch, "He is called Papa Tunde. And right now, he's wandering in the Quarter with the power he absorbed from every soul I had buried in the Garden, so you might wanna put your ear a little closer to the ground."

Kieran glared lightly, "Or I could steer clear of whatever war is brewing between your kind and his, before I find myself- "

He was cut off when Cami appeared and started to shake Kieran's hand, acting as though they were strangers.

Camille smiled at her uncle, "I wanted to congratulate you on getting the church up running. I can see this is a bad time. Nice to see you, Marcel."

She nodded at Marcel. She felt Nikole's gaze on her but she pointedly ignored her and started to walk away.

Kiran gave Nikole a hard look as he had thought that Cami had left the city.

Nikole scoffed, "Well, don't look at me. I tried to send her away." Feeling sulky at being ignored.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND