Farewell to Storyville

Episode-16

10TH CENTURY MYSTIC FALLS

A storm raged outside the Mikaelson's cottage as a very young Rebekah laid on the ground, sniffling and crying from fear. A young Nikole walked over to comfort her.

"Hush now. It's just a storm. Don't be afraid. I won't let it hurt you."

Young Rebekah looked at her with tears in her eyes as Nikole smiled reassuringly.

Young Nikole left momentarily before she returned with a wooden piece in her hand.

"Nikki, don't go." Young Rebekah clutched onto Nikole's sleeve.

Young Nikole nodded with a smile as she held up a wooden knight up to her face, "I carved it for Father. It's a brave knight. Now you can be brave, too."

Rebekah took the knight with a smile and looked at her older sister, "Will you stay with me 'til the storm ends?"

Nikole smiled adorably, "I will always stay with you, Rebekah. No matter what."

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY

The Mikaelsons were still trapped in the cemetery due to Celeste's spell, in the middle of a standoff.

Nikole had the indestructible white oak stake, while Elijah held Papa Tunde's blade defensively.

Nikole glared at her sister, "Rebekah!"

Elijah looked at his sister; his gaze stern, "Walk away."

"Don't move!" Nikole pointedly warned the youngest Mikaelson.

Elijah spoke to Rebekah, not talking his eyes off Nikole in case she did something sneaky, "Leave us now."

Rebekah responded, scared and angry, "I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, she has the white oak stake."

Nikole pointed the stake in her direction with a smile, "I brought it for you, sister."

Elijah glanced at Rebekah before he advised her, "Get out of her sight. Your presence here only serves to anger her. Leave her to me now."

When Rebekah sped away he turned around to look at Nikole, "I'm asking you, as your brother-- we end this nonsense now."

Nikole looked at Elijah with a glare, "You would side with that traitor."

Elijah scowled at her, tired of her behaviour, "I am not choosing sides, but I will not allow you to hurt our sister."

Nikole took few steps forward as she gestured to their surroundings, "We cannot leave this cemetery, Elijah. How long do you think you can defend her?"

They stared at each other intensely for a moment before Nikole sped away but Elijah easily caught up with her and blocked her way as he stood opposite her.

"As long as it takes, by whatever means necessary." He spoke up in determination as he looked at her glaring sister.

          __________________

On the other side of the cemetery, Rebekah was on the phone with Marcel to update him on what has happened.

"Do whatever it takes. Just stay alive. I promise you, I'll get you out of there." He spoke up from the other line as he promised Rebekah.

Rebekah paced anxiously, " I've never seen her like this before. She's out of her mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. She's gonna kill me."