Moon Over Bourbon Street

Episode-17

They say the passage of time will heal all wounds. But, the greater the loss, the deeper the cut, and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So, as time moves along, we get lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger. And, all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Genevieve laid lazily on the couch in Nikole art room, wearing just her lingerie, while Nikole was getting dressed.

Genivieve spoke up with a smile, "Spoken like a courageous women who's made peace with her demons."

Nikole rolled her eyes as she buttoned up her jeans, "My demons are dead, or chased off."

Elijah entered the room and glared at Genevieve as he spoke to her sister, "Yes, apart from the one lingering monster with whom you share a bed." He held out her heels in his hand, "I trust you can find your clothing and the door."

Genevieve stood up sensually as she collected her clothes before she took her heels from him and left the room with a smug smile thrown at Elijah's annoyed face.

Elijah turned to look at Nikole, annoyed, "You do recall that woman tortured our sister?"

Nikole stood up and walked up to her brother with a smirk, "She also revealed the truth about our sister's treachery."

Elijah gave her a pointed look, "And as a consequence, Rebekah is gone forever."

Nikole shrugged nonchalantly, "A desire which she apparently harbored for quite some time!"

Elijah scowled as he spoke up in frustration, "Nikolia, it has been a month. Now, I feel our sister's loss as deeply as you. But, you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behavior and channel it into some kind of action."

Nikole merely grabbed a paintbrush and returned back to her art, "Why must I, exactly?"

Elijah sighed tiredly as he stood near the doorway, "Because over the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a rular. You wanted this throne. Now, you must accept the responsibility that accompanies that."

Nikole began to paint as she halfheartedly paid attention to Elijah's words, "Apologies, but I'm rather ensconced in other pursuits."

Elijah walked towards her sister and snatched the paintbrush from her hand, "If you can so easily neglect your home, I wonder what will become of your daughter. Have you forgotten what it was like to live beneath the threat of violence? We must work together, Nikolia. Let's make this city whole again."

Nikole looked to her brother with an impassive expression, "Perhaps it is too broken to mend." She took her paintbrush back and returned to her painting.

Elijah nodded and turned around to leave the room, with his jaw set, he declared firmly, "If you won't do anything, I will."

THE BAYOU

Hayley approached Jackson as they both watched Oliver and another wolf sparring and wrestling outside.

"Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?" She looked at Jackson with an amused glance.

Jackson rolled his eyes and smiled, "Nah. That's just for pecking order. They already know who's the Alpha."

          ___________________