From a Cradle to a Grave

Episode-22

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Some time before the events of The Battle of New Orleans, Hayley was sitting in a rocking chair in the baby's room where she was writing a letter.

Nikole entered the room and leant in the doorway. She looked at Hayley with a smirk, "Writing a love letter to one of your many suitors? So, who's the lucky recipient, then? Jackson? Or, Elijah?"

The hybrid gasped dramatically, "Don't tell me it's me?"

They both looked at each other and laughed loudly, "I thought I was out of the running ages ago!"

Hayley laughed, "And the award for "Biggest Ego" goes to..." She gestured toward Nikole, who continued to laugh. Suddenly, Hayley groaned when the baby started to kick.

Nikole frowned and walked toward Hayley, looking concerned, "How is our littlest wolf?"

Hayley looked up at Nikole with a smile, "Do you want to...?" She rubbed her baby bump expectantly.

Nikole stepped back nervously when she realised what Hayley was hinting at but Hayley gives her a stern look.

"Come on!" She gestured again to her belly.

Nikole knelt down and reached out tp touch her abdomen and she was startled when she felt the baby kick.

They both laughed jovially, "You feel that?" But after a moment, Nikole suddenly stood up, feeling awkward.

Nikole cleared her throat, "Right! I'll leave you to your secret letter, then!"
She rushed out leaving Hayley alone.

Hayley smiled softly, thinking about Nikole and the baby.

Dear Zoe...or Kaitlyn...or Angela. To my little girl. Your mum just asked if this was a love letter. I guess it kind of is. I never got to know my mother. I have no idea what she must have thought when she carried me.

THE CHURCH

Hayley, who was in the middle of labor, screamed at Genevieve and Monique as they stood around her, "Let go of me, you bitch!"

So, I thought I'd write to you, so you can know how happy I am at this very moment. How much your mum and I can't wait to meet you...

Nikole limped into the church and found the witches with Hayley, who was shocked and relieved to see her. Nikole lunged toward one of the witch guards and rips his head off.

Abigail and Genevieve looked up and linked their hands to telekinetically pin Nikole to the wall.

And, I want to make you a promise of three things that you will have that I never did: a safe home, someone to tell you that they love you every single day, and someone to fight for you, no matter what.

Nikole tried to fight against the spell pinning her to the wall but she couldn't get free. Monique and Abigail anchored the spell and got back to help Hayley as Nikole and Hayley yelled in rage.

In other words, a family. So, there you go, baby girl. The rest, we're going to have to figure out together. I love you. Your mom.

Nikole and Hayley watched fearfully as Genevieve grabbed the ceremonial athame that was used for the Harvest. Hayley continued to scream in agony and terror as Genevieve turned to address both Hayley and Nikole.

"You should know this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick." She looked at them regretfully.

One of the witches covered Hayley's lower half with a sheet.